“super , dine a Tuesdaynight at ovenella”
Review of Ovenella - CLOSED

Ovenella
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 5th Street
Transit: Yes, nearby on Federal Highway.
Description: Recently renovated, Ovenella has modern but comfortable booths and tables. A medium size bar separates two dining rooms for ample seating and privacy. The Open kitchen has a large glass window to keep noise at a minimum, but shows off the beauty of the coal fire oven. Outdoor seating is available and renovations to include a cover are coming soon.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

we dine AT OVENELLA,service super John you are the greatest! Jeremy thank you, for the customer service, the food was great , fresh, very good, ambiance great,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I keopt byopassing this restaurant because of its inappropriate name; it sounds like fast food Italian chain- which it is definitely not.
What it is: well run restaurant, with a nice sized menu with good variety, decor is modern yet welcoming with great attention to detail in all areas.
Great service: all waitstaff, hosts, bartender are attentive to your needs.
The food: simply perfect.
I had the Chicken Piccatta which came with fresh vegetables AND a generous portion of spaghetini in the same sauce as the main entree- a lovely blend of lemon, natural juices from the sauteed chicken and capers.
My husband had a special - Putanesca Grouper on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti - he said it was wonderful.
The bread basket had a nice cheese flatbread and a warm fresh slice of an onion loaf.
AND, for an inveterate tea drinker like myself: a perfect larger sized individual carafe of hot water and good tea selections: much appreciated.
They also have many tables outside under cover : it faces east toward Federal Hwy which can be busy, and presumably the sun. We didn't inspect it much during the night, but I think they have a palm tree or two separating this outdoor area from their parking lot. I hope they consider planting more trees to create a soft, natural buffer .

2  Thank dsears3
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The food was "wow" - the atmosphere chic. Amazing staff. Welcoming, gracious and sincere. An excellent place to celebrate. Ovenella feeds the ones you love with love.

2  Thank Mom136
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and i first found Ovenella when we here in August looking for a place to live. We stopped in for lunch and I had the chicken sandwich on foccacia bread. I have never had such a delicious sandwich!! I think I was more excited to come back here two months later than I was to move into the new house... Our waiter (both times) was gracious and delightful and the manager came by to check on us to make sure we were satisfied with our meals. We have yet to come here for dinner, but I probably wouldn't want anything other than my new favorite sandwich.

1  Thank onebigadventure
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A good friend and I love to scout out new restaurants for lunch and then return for dinner with our significant others. We were delighted with everything about Ovenella. We prefer patio seating but it was undergoing renovations (Sept.26, 2012)so we were seated inside. The chic contemporary Italian decor reminded me of marina restaurants in Monaco and along the Mediterranean coast. Clean and crisp feel to the place with very attentive service. Focaccia and roasted garlic came right out and I opted for the chicken soup with very fresh vegetables that were perfectly cooked. I tend to judge a restaurant by its soup. The well presented appetizer salad was very fresh and comes with a really good dressing. Entrees were a large portion of sauced spagetti and three meatballs with a ricotta cheese sauce, and a thin crust veggie pizza with artichokes, sun ripened tomato, mozzarella and goat cheeses with fresh basil. Both were excellent and we both had enough leftover for lunch at home the next day. Total fare for these two lunches including a beverage was just over $30. We will be back for dinner when the patio reopens. Very good experience.