“First time to eat Indian...was yummy!”

Punjab Indian Restaurant
Ranked #503 of 863 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went to Punjab with 4 Indian friends. We are all visiting from out of state, soon one had experience with Punjab before. We ordered different dishes and shared because they wanted me to try lots of different things. All the food was very good. Favorite dish was the Chicken Tikka Marsala. Loved the Kashmir Naan also. Servings were large. We ordered our food " medium" in heat level, but that would be too spicy for someone not liking heat. My Indian friends ranked it a 2.5 on a 1-5 scale. As a first timer, I thought it was better than that!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We wanted to try Indian so our hotel clerk recommended Punjabi. He said he always goes for lunch and wrote out some suggestions for us newbies

We arrived about 7:30 and there were only about 3 other diners. The decor was fancy with a heavy Indian touch. Our waiter was plesant and tried his best to explain the menu. I had a few quesions he couldn't answer and quickly left and came back with the chef who gave me the info I needed.

We ordered garlic chicken, tandoori chicken, garlic naan and another naan that started with a p.

He served us a thin flat crispy bread made with lentil & onion chutney which was delish! Then he brought a huge plate of rice, garlic chicken and tandoori sauce.

The garlic chicken was flavorful. The tanfoori sauce was kind of plain. A few minutes he brought the tandori chicken sizzling on a grill plate with a few onions and green peppers. The chicken was good but didn't have any extra flavor other than plain chicken...but it was good.

The price was a bit higher than we expected but we did get generous portions.

The waiter was attentive and regularly
Kept my water filled. It was a new and delightful experience!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I read quite a few recent poor reviews, but I don't understand why. I travel all over the US & abroad - and one of my favorite types of cuisine is Indian, so I've had it a lot and from many great places.

I was pleasantly surprised after some reviews said the food & service were less than ideal. I found the food very good & the service very nice as well. I had the mutter paneer & chicken tiki Marsala.

This appears to be a family business & I wish some people would think about thier reviews before making them when a poor review is clearly NOT warranted.

I will be back again - for sure! :)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food here is just well made. Their service is not the refined service that you get at most restaurants and often the the warm and bubbly greeting, etc, is not there....but if you want simply great tasting indian food, this place has been my top choice in many cities with many options for a long time. The Samosas are good and not too greasy (try it with some Mint Chutney) The korma's and the vindaloo's are excellent. Try the curry vegetables or the Saag (spinach). You can order at any heat level. I often get a Chicken Korma in mild for the kids and a Vindaloo in Hot for the adults along with a medium Chicken Saag or Curry Vegetable. Don't forget a nice cold Kingfisher beer with dinner.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The food was exceptional and so was the service. I loved that all of the food was seasoned very well. Aside from the food being great - the bathroom was extremely clean.