“Now That's Good Eatin'!”
Review of Griddle

Griddle
Ranked #545 of 827 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
West Haven, Connecticut
“Now That's Good Eatin'!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friend and I enjoy fine dining, but we also enjoy a great little breakfast joint like this one. From the funky decor (farming implements and historical photos from when Boca was just a little one-horse town) to the comfortable booths, just-right scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, this place is a hit! It's located in one of the shopping malls a several blocks inland from the beach, and is easy to miss. Make the effort to find it, though--the good food and the genuine friendliness of the place brought my friend and I back there three mornings out of the five we stayed in Boca--and we'll be back!

• Visited August 2012

Boca Raton, Florida
“Fuel for a bicycle ride”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Griddle provided us with a nice way to energize a bicycle ride with enjoyable breakfast at an affordable price.

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't be fooled!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went here based on the reviews. I was looking for a nice place to eat a quick breakfast that was not too far from my Deerfield Beach hotel.

I get there and its a diner type restaurant that looks like it has a total 60s Civil Rights era vibe. Its located in a strip mall, so there's ample parking. What drew me to the hotel besides it location was the fact that they offer turkey sausage and bacon. Its rare that I can find a place that offers a non-pork breakfast meat option. The men is basic and food is reasonably priced.

Anywho, the food was just OKAY. You can get the same thing if not something better at IHOP. What annoyed me and has me giving this place 2 stars was my waitress. I wish I had gotten her name, because she was awful. She wasn't patient. She actually got annoyed when I didn't know if I want a special or order a la carte. I was trying to explain what I wanted and was going to ask her if there was a platter that had all of that on it, but she got so frustrated that I just said forget it! She was more interested in cackling like a hen and gossiping in the back with the other waitresses instead of tending to my needs. The young girl who works there who was quite pleasant (wished I had her as my waitress) would have to tell her I needed something. She was more attentive. My lady was just god awful.

Won't be back. Can't recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited May 2012
Norwich in England
“gr8 breakfast”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was a great find - friendly service and excellent breakfast - happened on it by accident - its in a shopping mall and doesn't look particularly promising from the outside but looked quite busy from the outside so we gave it a go. We will return. Only open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lillian35
Sarasota, Florida
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Discovered this Boca Raton shopping strip spot through Restaurant.com .We thought it was a nice place to enjoy breakfast -a varied menu, large portions, and smiling service!
Just wish the syrup was heated for our pancakes and French toast, we asked, and our kind server heated it for us. One of my family members said the French toast tasted like the crispy fried kind served at Mc Donald's. The vintage pics on the wall said it all and were great to read.. The extra large ceramic tea cup served by our server was chipped , but it was a thoughful gesture anyway! Hot coffee was kept pouring throughout the meal.

• Visited March 2012