“Huge menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boca Diner - CLOSED

Boca Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
full time
“Huge menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

There was something for everybody,excellent food,flashback decor.Reminded me of the old diners of my childhood in Miami Beach.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ftrver

Boca Raton, Florida
“It was just breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Last year I went here for breakfast and, frankly, I don't remember much about it. So, it must have been fine but nothing unusual - perhaps what I had was just too simple to be worth remembering. Well, this morning was different. I wanted to take a little longer walk than to the closer place I often go to so I headed south on Federal to the Boca Diner. I sat at the counter and ordered a veggie omelet. I was asked what kind of potatoes I wanted and said the kind with onions, and asked if they could get them very, very well done. Well, she obviously both listened to my request and conveyed it to the kitchen who clearly paid attention. They were done exactly as I wanted - that seldom happens. There were even what I think may have been (?) extra onions on top. The omelet was loaded with delicious fresh veggies - sweet peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. Both the omelet and the potatoes could not have been better!

Sitting at the counter I overheard a waitress picking up food for someone. Without even picking up the dish she told the cook that "this was supposed to be well done". That small thing saved time and the customer the unpleasant task of either complaining, sending it back, or just eating it even though it was not what they wanted. BTW, I noticed on my check that next to the potatoes she wrote "XX WD" Bottom line, the food was really good and the extra effort to please was evident and greatly appreciated.

• Visited April 2013
Florida
“Friendly and filling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Couldn't have been more pleased with the food, the prices and waitresses who seemed like they'd known us all our lives.

Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great diner food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

So you walk into the diner and you wonder what you've gotten yourself into. The decor is early 1960s (to be fair they are updating, but I hold out no hope). But the food is great. The turkey was real and moist, the chicken cooked just right. $12.50 for a special that included a really good chicken soup, salad, 1/2 chicken & potatoes, and dessert.

• Visited February 2013
New Market, Maryland
“Super breakfast efficiently served”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Boca Diner is fantastic; there is no other word for it. We ate breakfast there almost every morning, despite the fact that our hotel room included breakfast. It was that good. We had omlettes most mornings. My partner said that the omlettes were the best she has ever eaten and she makes a really mean omlette herself. The coffee was excellent and fresh and the side dishes were superb. Portions were quite large. We often shared an omlette and found food left over. We also had lunch at the Boca one day. Like many diners, the Boca is far better for breakfast than for other meals, although the lunch fare was as good as that at most chain restaurants

This is a very busy restaurant, especially on the weekends, with many regulars; however the staff was very quick and friendly to people such as ourselves who were obviously tourists. I cannot recommend this diner highly enough

Visited January 2013