“Great Cuban Food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came here for dinner the first night we moved to Boca over two years ago and came back our last night moving out. The food here is excellent and for one moment in time, you will forget that you live in miserable Boca with rude people at every turn. We shared the vaca frita, tamales, mojitos, etc. the vaca frita here is to die for, even better than Little Havana. If we ever come back to Boca, we would definitely go here again.

1  Thank Bocagrlz

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very friendly staff. Average food. Good value for price. Food was okay. Would go back again.
Enjoyed salad. Steak just okay

Reviewed February 13, 2014

my husband and I used to visit and eat at padrinos frequently. We have always had outstanding meals, and service. We usually enjoyed the lamb shanks and the chimichurri steak.
Everything used to be spot on, and consistent.

Although I havent been here in maybe a year or so, we decided to dine here last night.
We were greeted, and requested a booth- they were going to clean one that just became available and let us sit there. We sat down. After 5 minutes, our waitress greeted us and asked us for our drink orders. We all ordered water. Then she proceeded to check on every other table AND then got us our waters about 10 minutes later. I found that kind of unnerving.
When she came back with our waters we ordered our meal. She started to write the first order down and had gone thru 4 pens because none of hers worked. And each time she was asking what the order was- it was only one order. A bit painful to deal with but tolerable.
My husband got the lamb shanks, I got the shrimp in white wine/garlic sauce, and my mother got the seafood creole.
I ordered a side salad- and that came out right away.
Although we notice every table around us was getting a basket of bread, and we were clearly overlooked.
when i was done with the salad i put the plate at the edge of the table, and she walked by saw the empty plates, asked me if everything was ok- but still didnt bus the table. Again, tolerable.
Then my husbands meal came out. It looked delicious- although the yucca was overly mushy. Overcooked. I like yucca when it has some substance to it- rather than a mash. They used to serve it perfect- but i guess they are cooking it all before dinner service to save time.
Meanwhile, my husband is eating his warm meal and my mother and I still have no dinners.
After 5 minutes, she came by to tell us our dinner was coming out.
another 5 minutes. nothing.
another 5 minutes....the runner came out. and handed us our food. When only one of your party has food, it is appropriate in my opinion to bring a manager, or have the food runner mention to the others, your food is running behind- but will be out shortly.
My food was clearly made a while ago, and sat in the back. I could tell because the sauce on top of the shrimp was congealing. and my shrimp were overcooked.
I wasnt too pleased with the service or my meal.
I asked for extra mojo onion sauce for my yucca- and it took her 10 minutes to come back with it. Cant say I will be back. That was the first time in a long time I came back to this place, and the last time.
Thier slogan says their accent is on delicious.....but its far from it.

So sad to see padrinos go down hill, I used to really enjoy this gem.
I no longer have to go west for good cuban- and stick with the hidden gems in east boca. They may be more expensive- but clearly its worth it.

ah well.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stopped in for lunch last Saturday (1/11/14) and they were having a pulled pork buffet. We ordered arroz con pollo and it was terrific. Couldn't finish it.
Very pleasant servers in this family owned place.
If we lived close, we eat here often.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I great fine in Boca Raton. The wife and i were looking for a good Cuban restaurant in Boca and found this gem by using tripadvisor. The place is light and welcoming and we had the best Cuban food.