“Augy's is not what it used to be!”

Augy's Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #115 of 818 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“Augy's is not what it used to be!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I live near Augy's and have been going there for years. The original owner is now the owner and it used to be much better with the previous owner. I ate in the restaurant with my two teen age children and got a carry out for my husband. The wait for the food was extremely long, the food was only fair, and the service was terrible. When I got home, I opened the lasagna I got for my husband and it was burnt and cold (see photo.) I won't be back. Very disappointing as I like to support local businesses but this one needs some serious changes!

4 Thank Sunnycin

Boca Raton, Florida
“Interesting to Note 16" is really 15"”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I called and told them I had a coupon for a 16" large with 1 topping for $9.95. I told them I'd pick it up. They got the order wrong and fixed it but it wasn't quite cooked enough when I got it home and I thought it looked pretty small for a large 16" pizza so I got out the tape measure and sure enough, it was 15" from edge of crust to edge of crust. Is this normal standards? Not liking I had to stick the fresh pizza in my oven to my preferred doneness, either.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank H K
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Being an Italian i was pleasantley surprised with the quailty of the food. The service was fair but very freindly family atmosphere. There Chicken Franchese is incredible as well as there veal parmigane. It was really priced well for the quality of the food. Highly Recomend.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Tomholmes333
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“More than just pizza....”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you are looking for pizza, the Sicilian pizza is the way to go. This is first and foremost a home-style Sicilian restaurant. There is nothing elaborate about the decor but the food is first-rate . A member of our party was a native-born Sicilian, and she truly enjoyed the food. She also enjoyed, as we all did, the owners' attention. They were most solicitous and seemed sincere in their efforts to make sure everything was to our liking. Returning to the food, don't limit yourself to the pizza selections. The specials are definitely worth trying. One frequent, special is Pasta Pescatore. If it is available don't miss it. For a little over $20, you get half a lobster, mussels, clams and squid served over a half a pound of perfectly done al dente pasta. You can choose between white or red sauces, and both are great. There are fancier restaurants in Boca that charged twice as much for dish with half the flavor. I'm usually not a fan of restaurant deserts in pizza places or family restaurants but here the cannoli are worth ordering. They are made in house and they are wonderful. Go, enjoy but just be careful not to get that great red sauce on your white tennis shorts.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank BigBob905
bocaraton
“nothing special”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Augys was a place myself and a few friends went to while down in boca In Boca Raton most things are expensive including pizza. However at nearly $20 for a pie with two toppings you expect high quality preparation. Augys was a flop. An unimpressive weak soggy crust..limited sauce and poor cheese quality invite one to take a pass on this disaster. Without actually being a fly on the wall you sense immediately that the chef strained and debated on how many times to toss the dough in the air. PRIDE IN ITALIAN COOKING HAS taken a pass at this local disaster. AVOID.

• Visited May 2011