“Used to be good but not so anymore”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #248 of 826 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
AL1432
“Used to be good but not so anymore”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We used to enjoy this Outback (18th St. Boca) but found the experience lacking on our recent visit. Ordered shrimp and fillet combo, which the waitress said was a cut of Fillet Mignon but which I could tell was not. The steak was ordered medium-well but came out very well done on the inside and burnt in places on the outside. We sent it back only to find the replacement equally overcooked. There were four tiny shrimp which were very over-seasoned with pepper and salt. The salad was good but basically chain-restaurant fare. Two burnt/overcooked entrees back-to-back was enough to make us decide not to return to this restaurant anytime soon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AL1432

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“What I expected”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Pretty mediocre...
On a busy Friday evening there was a very long wait for a table and that predisposed me to being critical.
Now I can be objective.
The service was slow and inattentive. The steak was cooked properly but lacked taste. The meals were just OK. There are so many other really good restaurant choices in Boca Raton. Carrabas (almost around the corner and part of the same company) is a better choice.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul R
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Terrible Food & Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to outback every time I visit America but this restaurant has to be the worst I have visited. The greeter was not very engaging and looked as though she did not really want to be there she did not smile the whole time we were there. We had to return our steaks as they were so tough we could not eat them. The manager came over to speak to us and he did not have very good customer service skills and did not really resolve the situation. We asked for extra coconut shrimp instead of another steak which we received. The bathrooms were dirty and this was reported to the manager. Overall not a good experience and would not return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Scratbygirl
West Chester, PA
“Nephew's Choice”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

It's Outback. I did not pick it but it is where my 18 year old nephew wanted to go.

As long as he enjoyed it, we are good. The chocolate milkshake was a big plus.

• Visited October 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Gave another chance after many years of not eating here...”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Still nothing special. Everything was average to fair. The whole place was being run by young people who were more interested in their personal cell phones, than actually providing service. Never saw a manager or someone who might have been in charge.
The blooming onion was as bad as I remember. Many people love them, but to me it was greasy, deep fried and awful. The onion soup was average. Nothing special. The cheese was only partially melted and the soup itself was very salty. The salads were traditional chain restaurant salads. As for the steak, we got what we paid for and the meat was tough and chewy. This is not my type of restaurant, but if pressed to return, I probably would, but not going back on my own accord.

Visited October 2013