“Really went downhill” 2 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #272 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Really went downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We've been here a few times before, but this was by far a terrible time. We will jot be back. We came for lunch on a Sunday, the first to walk through the door, and it didn't get that busy. Our visit lasted over an hour and a half, way to long with small children. The food took a long time and the server was ALWAYS hard to find. Some of the food was cold, not prepared right, and overall not very tasty. We didn't feel the need to send it back as we knew the wait time would be ridiculous. In the end, this visit really turned us off from Outback.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boca Raton
“Steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband enjoys the steak here which is good, but not exceptional. I enjoy the shrimp offerings so we both can get what we like.

Visited November 2011
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Welcome to the jungle”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Boy is it hard to keep this short, but I will give it a shot...If you are not a regular, do not expect too much. Our food arrived close to 75 minutes. OUCH!!!!! The waitress kept asking how our drinks were. Obviously to divert our attention from noticing there was no food in front of us. I will admit that when it finally arrived, it was hot, not warm. Nevertheless, I will never return. Very lousy establishment and it would help if it was larger to accommendate the amount of customers. There were a lot of customers who left 5 seconds after entering. Extremely crowded. Loooooong wait time for a table. A non-believer? Check it out for yourself.

Visited July 2012
Boca Raton
“Used to be one of our favorites - now, never going back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are local to Boca Raton, and this used to be one of our favorite restaurants for a very good quality steak for a reasonable price.
Since we live in East Boca it was at about 20 mins drive, but always worth the extra drive.
However in the last year, it has degraded terribly.
We gave it multiple tries recently, since the quality had been so good in the past.
But after 3 more tries, the result was horrible experiences. Sadly, we are 100% done with this restaurant. The outback special, which we used to enjoy, has so much grisle it is hard to cut and practically impossible to chew - so much grisle!
Tonight we decided to try just once more. Unlike my husband, I was still wary of the steak and ordered a new feature - the mahi / shrimp / scallops which looked GREAT on the featured items menu - and the waitress said it was very popular.
But no sauce as described, and it didn't even look like the picture in the menu.
It was dry, overdone, the shrimp and all other items 'tiny' compared to the picture and all looked 'old' when it arrived that I didn't even want to taste it. I tried it, and it tasted as bad as it looked. Unfresh, dry, parts were overseasoned, other parts underseasoned. Yuk.
Returned it for a steak, and couldn't chew it (as the others).
I don't know what happenned to this previously great restaurant, but sadly they have just gone way downhill and seemed to stay there.
We went to enjoy ourselves and relax with good food after a long week, and it was just terrible.
Thankfully they took my dinner off the check. Also offerred free dessert, but my husband was ready to go and I hadn't had a meal yet! Had to make my own dinner once I got home!!!
I would not waste your money. Terrible experience!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boca Raton, Florida
“Friday Nights!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We go every Friday and love Rose and Keith. THey have a regular crowd and sitting at the bar on Friday nights is great fun

Visited May 2012