“Small intimate setting for a romantic dinner”
Review of La Stella's

La Stella's
Reserve with OpenTable
La Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 818 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Coming to you from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island; Jamie Barlow brings with her Authentic Italian and Mexican cooking using only the finest ingredients. Chef Barlow earned her double bachelors degree in Culinary and Hospitality from the Official Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island. Chef Barlow continued her education in Belgium, Europe while attending a school for Hospitality and Tourism, studying under italian chefs. With over 25+ years experience, Chef Barlow has created an extensive catering menu in which we can accommodate intimate dinners for two, or large parties of up to 3,000. Although originally meaning to be a catering only establishment, popular demand caused Chef Barlow to open her doors to the public and began serving dinner. Five years later, we have La Stella staff, past employees, and especially our customers to thank for our success. We are grateful for your loyalty. La Stella's has specialized in serving Authentic Mexican for lunch during the week and Authentic Italian every night for dinner. Using only the finest ingredients and hand selected meats, Chef Barlow has a focus on using mostly, if not all, organic ingredients. Containing 10 tables maximum indoors, La Stellas remains to be an intimate, neighborhood gem
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Small intimate setting for a romantic dinner”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

You can eat outside which was fairly noisy so we chose inside at a cosey table for two. We started with their house red wine which was very good. For appetizers the mussels with white wine and garlic was excellent, and the wedge salad was large and delicious. We both had the same entree, the pollo scarpiello. The chicken was tender and "actually tasted like chicken"l and stood up to the strong flavors of italian sausage and peppers. We both would order it again. Come hungry because the portions are huge and very full bodied. We had enough left over to have it for lunch the next day. Very nice intimate place. We will be back.

• Visited December 2013

Pittsburgh
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I made a reservation in advance for my family to eat there. When we arrived to a restaurant full of empty tables, we were told that the only table we could have was a hightop table, which obviously did not work for my elderly grandmother. Despite this, the restaurant did nothing to accommodate us and told us it was the hightop table or leave. We left. I will never go there again.

• Visited November 2013
Toothpaste1, Manager at La Stella's, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
LaStella's restaurant feels that this review is not accurate. We honor our reservations. That evening, reservations may have been delayed a few minutes. You were given the option to be seated at a high top table or wait a few more minutes for your table to be ready. No one said "high top or leave". Please consider joining us for dinner again. The food is delicious!
lake worth, United States
“La Stella is not a Shining Star”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I ordered calamari appetizer for my main meal. I asked the waitress how it is served and she explained it was over arugula with tomatoes and peppers. I told her I don't want peppers. Three entrees were delivered to the table but not mine. The waitress told me my order wasn't ready, 10minutes lapsed and my order arrived.
Low and behold the peppers were in the dish and it was extremely spicy. I couldn't eat it. I called the waitress over an told her this is not what I ordered. I asked her to make another order with no spice. She returned many minutes later and said that the cook won't make another order and they would charge me for the order I returned.Needless to say I was quite annoyed. The three other people in my party had already finished their meal. I asked to speak to the manager and that took another ten minutes to get her. After explaining the situation she apologized and made a fresh plate. As I began eating Brittany(the waitress) cleaned off all the plates around me as if I wasn't there.

The dining experience was very upsetting, and unpleasant. The waitress needs to be trained to listen to the guests ordering the food and serving all the diners at the same time. It is rude to clean off the tables when someone is still eating. It makes no sense to argue with a patron in a service businee.

• Visited November 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is a must visit if you are in the Boca Raton area and are in the mood for authentic Italian food. Price is a little high but well worth it. I live in Boca and this was the first time I tried this place and I must say I will 100% be returning.

“I wanted to really like this place but.....”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have heard many folks talk about this place & I have also read the other reviews however I really give this place 3.5 stars.

It's a small place with a limited menu. No real stand outs to me and nothing special. They start you out with some warm bread and it really wasn't even very good. Not sure what kind of bread it was but hum....The menu is short but I found the prices to be a bit expensive for what you get.

For my money, there are many better places in town and places that give you a salad & a side with your dinner without having to pay in excess of $30 for an ok entree and a salad. Some of the dishes come with a side but not all do.

• Visited October 2013