“I can't believe I was treated that way”
Review of La Stella's

La Stella's
Reserve with OpenTable
La Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 843 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Coming to you from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island; Jamie Barlow brings with her Authentic Italian and Mexican cooking using only the finest ingredients. Chef Barlow earned her double bachelors degree in Culinary and Hospitality from the Official Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island. Chef Barlow continued her education in Belgium, Europe while attending a school for Hospitality and Tourism, studying under italian chefs. With over 25+ years experience, Chef Barlow has created an extensive catering menu in which we can accommodate intimate dinners for two, or large parties of up to 3,000. Although originally meaning to be a catering only establishment, popular demand caused Chef Barlow to open her doors to the public and began serving dinner. Five years later, we have La Stella staff, past employees, and especially our customers to thank for our success. We are grateful for your loyalty. La Stella's has specialized in serving Authentic Mexican for lunch during the week and Authentic Italian every night for dinner. Using only the finest ingredients and hand selected meats, Chef Barlow has a focus on using mostly, if not all, organic ingredients. Containing 10 tables maximum indoors, La Stellas remains to be an intimate, neighborhood gem
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Last night I met my friend for dinner at La Stella. I have been told the service is not great however the food is good. I must say that the appetizer was good however, when it came to my main course the chicken francese was very rubbery. After trying two pieces (just to make sure it was not just a portion of the chicken) I asked the waiter (which was very nice) to see if they can do something about it. When he came back he apologized and told me the owner is not willing to do anything. I must say I was shocked and I asked to speak with the owner which told me flat out that she is not going to remediate the situation. Her reasoning was that her chicken is very good and she (in her own words) does not believe me. First I don’t understand how a customer in a relatively expensive Italian restaurant can be treated that way. I am sure I would be treated better in a lower scale chain restaurant. It’s just bad business on her part. I am definitely not recommending this place and not coming back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A few weeks ago I had a party at La Stella's in which I took over the entire restaurant. I painstakingly went over the details of the party, the timing of the meal and the menu and was assured everything I requested would be done as specified.
This did NOT happen. The person who I dealt with was not even at the party and the people who were had no idea what to do. The owner showed up half way into the party and never even tried to get things straightened out. To add salt to my wound I was grossly over charged and billed for things I never ordered. Unless you want a horrible party and to be cheated as well DO NOT have a party at La Stella's.

3  Thank jgints
Toothpaste1, Owner at La Stella's, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Our Valued Customer,
We were very surprised and upset to read your negative review, considering you and all of your guests were very happy when they were leaving, saying that they loved the food and they thanked the manager and servers. We apologize that you had a bad experience with us. We know we went above and beyond to ensure you a successful event. We not only closed our restaurant for your party during prime time, we also waived the rental fee. Our professional staff did everything possible to create a special evening for you and your guests. The fact that your guests arrived at different times affected the entire timing of the food for your party. Our homemade food is cooked to order, and it is our policy, that we do not serve the food until the guests arrive. Your guests also kept changing their seats, over and over, which in turn, created a total confusion for our staff and delay with their orders. This chain of events, which was beyond our control, caused the food to come out later than expected. In addition, the owner took $280 off your BILL, for the desserts! We did everything possible on our end, to ensure an exceptional successful party. Since you had to leave as soon as the party was over, the owner allowed your to return to pay the bill. You came back after the restaurant was closed. You were having difficulty with your credit card and made accusations that the problem was at the restaurant. After much time on the phone with your bank, you found the problem with the credit card was on your end. We then made an exception for you to use AMEX (we usually don’t accept AMEX). When we parted that evening, you were pleased and you thanked us. LaStella’s is very proud of our catering and events and continues to create wonderful successful parties.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I met me friend at this restaurant 2 weeks ago for a dinner.
Here's my experience.
We sat outside on high chair that were very uncomfortable.
Outside was a bit noisy. If this was NY I would not mind but this is Florida, so I did not like it.
Food was good, not great.
We could not wait to get out of there and seat comfortably for a coffee somewhere else.
Will I come back there? Definitely NO.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Definitely NO.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am very disappointed with this restaurant. Yesterday (Friday 5/31) I had a reservation for 6 at 7:30PM, which I've made on the day before. They called me on Friday afternoon at 1:30PM to confirm. For my surprise, when I got there with my guests at 7:15 PM I was informed that they were having a party and the restaurant was completely full. Although I love the food there, my guests and my wife were very disappointed and I had to go somewhere else. There were also another couple which had reservation for 7:30 PM and left very upset. Although I literally live a walk distance from La Stella's and go there at least twice a month, from now on I will have to look for another Italian restaurant in Boca.

3  Thank AdonisBaptista
Reviewed May 9, 2013

wow!I cannot understand those bad reviews..Our service was great even though we went with a Groupon..I get those deals to try new places. I will be back. Our food was great,our waiter was fantastic(wish I remembered his name)..he gave us a great choice for dessert. Great find. Maybe those other reviewers just had a bad day.

1  Thank parent34646