“Nothing special”
Review of La Stella's

La Stella's
Reserve with OpenTable
La Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 828 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Coming to you from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island; Jamie Barlow brings with her Authentic Italian and Mexican cooking using only the finest ingredients. Chef Barlow earned her double bachelors degree in Culinary and Hospitality from the Official Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island. Chef Barlow continued her education in Belgium, Europe while attending a school for Hospitality and Tourism, studying under italian chefs. With over 25+ years experience, Chef Barlow has created an extensive catering menu in which we can accommodate intimate dinners for two, or large parties of up to 3,000. Although originally meaning to be a catering only establishment, popular demand caused Chef Barlow to open her doors to the public and began serving dinner. Five years later, we have La Stella staff, past employees, and especially our customers to thank for our success. We are grateful for your loyalty. La Stella's has specialized in serving Authentic Mexican for lunch during the week and Authentic Italian every night for dinner. Using only the finest ingredients and hand selected meats, Chef Barlow has a focus on using mostly, if not all, organic ingredients. Containing 10 tables maximum indoors, La Stellas remains to be an intimate, neighborhood gem
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I met me friend at this restaurant 2 weeks ago for a dinner.
Here's my experience.
We sat outside on high chair that were very uncomfortable.
Outside was a bit noisy. If this was NY I would not mind but this is Florida, so I did not like it.
Food was good, not great.
We could not wait to get out of there and seat comfortably for a coffee somewhere else.
Will I come back there? Definitely NO.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Definitely NO.

There are newer reviews for La Stella's

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am very disappointed with this restaurant. Yesterday (Friday 5/31) I had a reservation for 6 at 7:30PM, which I've made on the day before. They called me on Friday afternoon at 1:30PM to confirm. For my surprise, when I got there with my guests at 7:15 PM I was informed that they were having a party and the restaurant was completely full. Although I love the food there, my guests and my wife were very disappointed and I had to go somewhere else. There were also another couple which had reservation for 7:30 PM and left very upset. Although I literally live a walk distance from La Stella's and go there at least twice a month, from now on I will have to look for another Italian restaurant in Boca.

3  Thank AdonisBaptista
Reviewed May 9, 2013

wow!I cannot understand those bad reviews..Our service was great even though we went with a Groupon..I get those deals to try new places. I will be back. Our food was great,our waiter was fantastic(wish I remembered his name)..he gave us a great choice for dessert. Great find. Maybe those other reviewers just had a bad day.

1  Thank parent34646
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The other evening my wife was going to treat me to La Stella's from the groupon we had bought earlier in the week. When we arrived and told them about the groupon we were conveniently ignored. After much time the young waiter came to take our order and mentioned "i am sorry this is the wrong menu. these are old specials".
After getting the menu sorted out we ordered. to their credit they had a special on wine and we were served a nice bottle of wine.
Now for the Problems: the bill was presented to me and i put a credit card in the leather check holder and put it near the edge of the table so the young man could process our bill.
After 15 minuets from when it was picked up the waiter came back to the table and said i never put a credit card in. He said he looked all around but could not find it so he said we must NOT have put the card into the leather bill carrier. I told him i did and what type of card. now he mentioned ( i quote) "i am 100 % sure you did not put the card in i did not lose it" Now it was time to talk to the owner , unfortunately the teenage manage was the only person i could talk to. I asked to speak with her outside so not to disrupt any customers. This was to not avail. she said the server told her he did not lose it so i must have not put the card into the pouch.
The story continues: while i was outside the your waiter was telling other patrons that i did not put the card in and i was wrong trying to skip on my bill. My wife heard this and was humiliated, She wanted to cry.
I paid with another credit card and told them that i was extremely dissatisfied.
Fast Forward to the next evening: The waiter called to say he found the card at the check out station and i could come to get it. NO APOLOGY i called the owner and she said she knew all about it and i could come in and pick it up. I asked for an APOLOGY and she hung up.

I cancelled the card to a cost of $25.00 from my card company

I read several other complaints from others about billing and service, So we were not the first to have this happen to.

Please beware

6  Thank scubateacher
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This had been a second visit; we wanted to try this little place once again. It was empty and the waiter was inexperienced and did not understand timing and allowing his customers to settle in and study the menu. After pondering the menu, my husband made a selection only to find out, after I had ordered, his option was not available, because the waiter had left a sheet in the menu that was obsolete. He re-selected and we ordered wine. My salad came immediately after we uncorked and the meals followed quickly after. Food was okay; too much and we asked for a "doggy bag". The bill arrived, my husband took out a card, ( a reward card from a company he sells for under," Chase Bank"; not a credit card but a "gift/reward" card). Between our table and the hostess stand, the waiter lost the card! He claimed he was 100 % sure he had not dropped our card, therefore insinuating we were lying! He came back with the manager and claimed we had not put our card in the credit card holder sleeve! The rest of the evening was unbearable and humiliating! We sat, all eyes from other customers upon us(!) finally leaving and left to feel like we had done something wrong! After searching and bearing the humiliation of the waiter telling other customers we had not put our card in the sleeve and he had not lost it; he accused my husband of dropping it in the restroom, (we hadn't used the washrooms!) We paid, with another credit card and were able to have the "lost" card cancelled and reissued. We will never go back because of the lack of professionalism by this staff and the lack of accountability by the management!

2  Thank Picklesmom57