“Great Beer Bar and Intimate Music Venue”

Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery
Ranked #283 of 812 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Beer Bar and Intimate Music Venue”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Funky Buddha started out primarily as a hookah bar. But then they moved to a larger space in the same center, and began a full-fledged on-site brewing operation. Now, they brew about half of the beers that they have on tap. There are roughly 15 beers on tap, and a very extensive collection of bottled beers from the U.S. and around the world.

The Funky Buddha has been getting national recognition for a number of their beers, including things as unlikely as maple bacon porter, that is bringing a lot of new beer snobs [Hint: they have a great "Beer Snob" t-shirt that I could not resist buying.]

On top of just beer, the new Buddha has a full stage and hosts local and national acts in its small intimate setting. It is a wonderful confluence when you can drink great beer, and listen to great music, both at the same time. They also have a very limited food menu, but to me, it is all about the beer and music.

• Visited January 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Took time out from our brewery tour around Florida to post this”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The service is TERRIBLE! For the last 3 weeks we have been doing a brewery tour of Florida and tonight our stop was here. Right off the bat the server seemed nice and gave us her input on the beer selection. After waiting for the beer for 10 minutes she showed up with a sampler and could hardly tell us which beer was which. We were fine with that and went about enjoying our beer. Now we have been sure we are getting to these places during happy hour to really get to taste the beer. Their happy hour says 2-4-1 on their beers. I ordered the Red, my fiance the IPA. Being that we both ordered one we each got a free one (2-4-1). We got those at 10 to 6. After waiting for for the server to come back to the table we went up to the bar to get another order because it was 6:55 and happy hour ended at 7. I ordered a pale ale and said I wanted another pale ale to go with the 2-4-1 since happy hour ended at 7. The bartender gave me my beers and that was that. At about 8 we went to close out and I noticed they had double charged. I went to the bar and talked with my original server who had abandoned her tables to focus on the bar. I simply said we each ordered a beer so each got one free with the 2-4-1. Then I ordered a beer and got a free one still under the happy hour prices. She got extremely rude and said "I know that other beer was for her"...I was shocked and said "Oh I am sorry I did not know 2-4-1 was only per person"....she at first agreed to take it off the tab then said "oh you are being very rude I am not taking it off"...I asked for a manager and she said there is none working...In three weeks I have been to Mile Marker, Green Room, River City, Ragtime, Engine 15, FBC, Bold City, Due South, and finally this place. BY FAR THE WORST BEER AND SERVICE. I told the server I would never go there again, I would never recommend it to anyone, and I suggest you go elsewhere. The beer doesnt compare and the attitudes ruin the entire experience. AWFUL! zero stars!

• Visited January 2013
Greytown, New Zealand
“Fantastic Night”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We visited the Funky Buddha Lounge and Brewery one Friday night because our favourite musos the Jacob Jeffries Band were playing. I loved the place. I've never been to a bar where people are smoking hookah, so that in itself was intriguing (and made the place smell funky). There's a combination of tables and lounging chairs and sofas...and some really tasty beers!
The service was really good, empty glasses disappeared quickly and the bathroom facilites were clean.
If I'm down that way again...I'll be sure to visit.

• Visited December 2012