“Worst Thai Ever”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N Mitzner Blvd
Description: The striking orange and gold decor at Boca's brand new, sleek Kao Tong Modern Thai Restaurant just hints at the extraordinary quality of their food. Settle in with a Thai Iced Tea while designing your special feast, beginning with a bowl of the most luscious Tom Yum Soup; hot and sour, soothing and spicy. Try a marinated Shrimp in a Blanket, dipped into a sweet Chili Sauce. Red, green and yellow Curries; Rice Bowls with either brown or white grains; Pad Woon Sen Noodles with a garden of vegetables in a tangle of clear glass noodles; classic Pad Thai with chicken, shrimp, tofu or lobster; and a lemony, minty Ocean Salad of fresh shrimp, scallop, mussels and veggies.
Highland Beach, FL
“Worst Thai Ever”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Obviously the presentation was what this chef excelled at. The food was overcooked and tasteless. If you want excellent Thai food, visit Thai Spice in Ft Lauderdale. Pass on this place. Even the music was horrible.

• Visited May 2013

Naples, Florida
“Best Thai food ever!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in Boca Raton visiting a friend and we went to this restaurant. We were glad that we went there. This place has the best Thai Food I have ever tested. The food taste like home made food. The service is very good with really nice people. The place is well decorated. I am gonna visit again when I am in Boca Raton next time.

• Visited April 2013
pompano beach
“Good Thai”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Brought our friend from Thailand. We ordered alot of food which was an 8 out of 10. Problem was our friend is from southern Thailand where they eat the food hot, hot, hot, hot . He told the server in no uncertain terms (nicely) that this is how he wanted it. I quess the cook figured he couldn't handle such heat and it came out mild much to our dismay. He wouldn't send it back, we ate and left.
When we visited him in Thailand he brought us
To his fav place. Chef came to the table 3 times during dinner while our friend was eating a dish that could burn a whole in the plate. Good food but
No way I could eat that dish.
I feel if your paying the big money you should have
It the way you want it especially if you speak the
Language.

• Visited March 2013
Delray Beach
“Decor is pleasant”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

As I read the other reviews my wife and I wonder if we were in the same restaurant. Honestly, this was one of the worst Thai restaurant food we have ever eaten ! The service matched the food. Everything came out very hot, so hot that you knew that it came out of a microwave oven. There are other Thai restaurants that deserve your attention... The one star was for the decor, not the food or service.

Visited March 2013
Naples, Florida
“GREAT Thai Food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We came in with party of 7 and made a reservation just in case. Our table was all set up when we arrived and sat down right away. The first thing I noticed was the 'out of the ordinary decor'. It put a smile on my face right away. The unique colors, design and trinkets were very well thought out. Made for a very nice ambiance. There were 7 of us so we had a chance to sample a combination of different appetizers. If I can sum it up in a couple of different words they would be Amazingly Great!! I really don't take pictures of the dish I am about to partake in unless it's a special occasion or I made it myself, but the presentation of the appetizers looked so wonderful I had to take a picture of it. We all loved the appetizers and couldn't wait for dinner. The food presentation was awesome and the food tasted even better. Yup more pictures. The staff was well dressed, very nice and courteous. The service was excellent. I live in Naples which is across alligator alley and the quality of the Thai food over here does not compare to Kao Tong. I was visiting friends who live near the restaurant. Well I hear my friends seem to go to Kao Tong from time to time. They really like the restaurant but I think they tell me just to rub it in. I wish I could make it there more often.

• Visited November 2012