“Where old friends make new ones”

Bagel Wit A Schmear
Ranked #4 of 21 Bakeries in Boca Raton
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Found myself there today for breakfast after my first choice was closed for remodeling. Run by a really nice couple. Lots of regulars. Best Nova sandwich I have had for a long time. Good hot coffee. Met a couple there that had moved to S FL from NYC. Found out we had a lot in common, even though they are a few years older then me. Shared a great conversation and breakfast. One of the few Deli's in the Boca area where both the owners and customers are friendly and engaging.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Bagels are very good, however I cannot get past the boorish owner, Jim. On my first Saturday morning visit, he was yelling and screaming at his wife handling the customers at the counter. Apparently, they were busy and he was clearly overwhelmed. However, in this economy to be busy at your own business should be considered a blessing, not a curse. He was throwing trays across the kitchen, slamming utensils, snatching orders off the line, and muttering as he worked. I figured everyone is entitled to a bad day, and I let it slide. First impression score? 0! I went back another Saturday to give them another try. Again, his wife was exceptionally nice, however Jim continues to speak to her like something at the bottom of his shoe. I cannot tolerate his rude demeanor and felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome on both occasions and will not return. I travel to Brooklyn Water bagel in Delray Beach instead and am pleased with their superior bagels and service.

4  Thank VincyRoots