“Poor service”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Camino Real
Description: "Scratch Kitchen & Bake Shop" - Healthy, inexpensive, fresh & innovative, "Clean Food" is what's on the menu at Saquella Café in Boca Raton. A "No Fry Zone" and "No Processed Food" for breakfast, Brunch, lunch and dinner with a Full Bar. For sweet endings, a variety of desserts, made daily by the in-house Pastry Chef. Saquella Café puts a Mediterranean twist on Italian / American dishes, served in a European Café Bistro way... Come and enjoy our famous and delish Cappuccino or a glass of Prosecco in our outdoor covered patio, on granite-topped tables and variety of artwork. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Table was dirty when we sat down. We sat at our table for 15 minutes before anyone came to take the drink order. Then waited another 10 minutes for the drink. Food didn't make up for poor service.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I absolutely love this place. Saquella Cafe is tucked among lovely shoppes, hair salons, home boutiques and a natural foods market. The interior is Italian contemporary, and there is also outdoor seating for people watching.Saquella is located within the plush Royal Palm Plaza, in South Boca Raton right off Federal Highway. The expresso is fresh and steaming, the lattes excellent and there is an array of Italian sodas, and alcoholic beverages. The home baked breads are simply delicious, and there is a baked goods counter to go. My favorite is the Museli bread. Every salad, sandwich and plate are chef created, and the best bonus on some dishes is your choice of roast sweet potatoes. Antipasti is available with meats, cheeses and roast veggies, or without meats or roast veggies only. If you're in a hurry, try the Andi (sandwiches to take out). Everything from the salmon to sizzling beef sandwiches or plates becomes a perfect meal. Saquella is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Royal Palm Plaza is a walk oriented, outdoors mall with winding street areas perfect for a stroll after your meal. There's also a lot of free parking. Oh, did I mention dessert(s)? Unforgettable.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was recommended for lunch by a local merchant and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and diversity of the food. Everything we ate was great!! However, the service was extremely slow and the waiter missed a great deal by not asking if we wanted drink refills, asking if we wanted dessert, etc. In fact, they have a really delicious-looking assortments of desserts, including gelato, pastries, cheesecake, etc. all made on site. We would have consumed a second glass of wine with lunch and had dessert, but the waiter didn't ask and was just plain slow. Note: we arrived at an extremely busy time and had to wait for a table for about 10 minutes. Still, service is an important part of enjoying a meal. Would have rated this higher if the service had been better.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm still on the search for a place to rival any local espresso stand anywhere around Seattle. This place is the closest so far. Still light years away, but it's the closest I've found around Deerfield/Boca. I'm specifically looking for a decent mocha latte--bonus for a mint mocha.

I had a mocha cappuccino. I was a little worried when it came and I could see white and milk chocolate chips in the bottom of the glass. After sitting, melting, and really good stir it wound up being good, but not great. It could have been much hotter. It was lukewarm. Honestly, my expectations are probably way to high.

I had a Tuscan Andi sandwich. It was good, but it's pretty hard for eggs, cheese, and onions to not be good.

I found the service to be very good. Again, not great, but a little better than par.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great for breakfast, good coffee and relaxing moments in a chic environment. At lunch, sandwiches are tops in Mizner.