“Delicious”

RockSteady Jamaican Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
RockSteady Jamaican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 814 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 20th Street
Atlanta
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here while in Boca visiting family. We ordered the sampler plate to start which we got for $5 (instead of $10) because it was still happy hour. It was a great idea: not only did we get to try five different tastes of dinner menu items, all of which were delicious, it helped us choose what we wanted for the main course. I had a goat dish that was wonderful. Wife had a seafood curry dish that she loved. Service was a little more relaxed than we'd have preferred, but all the staff were lovely folks. We'll return when we're next in Boca.

Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“great food great people”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

love the OX TAIL and THE BREAD PUDDING
Great atmosphere, great service, clean and the music completes the theme.
I recommend this restaurant to all people.

• Visited December 2013
herbyale@yahoo.com
“Great Jerk Chicken”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife, my son and I had dinner at this wonderful Jamaican restaurant the other day. It was the 5th or 6th time we have eaten there. They make terrific Jerk Chicken (nice and spicy) and it comes with rice and beans and plantain--also, a salad is served. The restaurant is in a small strip mall as are many in Boca Raton, but the ambience in the restaurant is fine and recorded music (sometimes live) is played while you are dining. Service is quite good too. The food is reasonably priced and I think Rocksteady is a restaurant that provides great value . We will be going back and bringing some of our friends in the future.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Quaint little bistro”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My hubby and I had dinner at this quaint little bistro with friends. The oxtail and escoveitch fish was quite flavorful. They are usually closed by 9pm but the staff was very accommodating to my friends who were late.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OVERRATED EXPENSIVE FOOD”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

First I must say, this is for the correct location and restaurant in case anyone has any questions about that.

After reading all the good reviews. Wanted to try the food. But as usual, restaurants in Boca are usually over rated by 2 to 3 stars.

We had

Spicy beef patties = greasy and not at all spicy, crust was not flaky

Jerk chicken = not spicy or flavorful, it was very bland

Having tried many Jamaican food, I was expecting more.

Just another typical over rated and VERY EXPENSIVE Boca restaurant.

This restaurant would not survive anywhere except Boca and definitely not in comparison to other good Jamaican restaurants.

Have had food truck Jamaican food that was much better.

• Visited October 2013