“We eat here once a month for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cuban Cafe

The Cuban Cafe
Ranked #148 of 804 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Central American, Caribbean, South American
Good for: Families with children
Description: They have a location in Delray Beach as well. If you can't get to Miami, this is just as good.
Boca Raton, FL
“We eat here once a month for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I live in the same town as this restaurant, and my husband and I first visited on the recommendation of a Cuban-American friend. Outstanding! Now we return about once a month, and often bring our out of town visitors here.

The Cuban Cafe is located in a non-descript strip of stores in a business section of town, not in the central tourist region near the beach. As a result, it's rarely overcrowded and the prices are quite reasonable. When you step in the door, you know you're in the right place by the number of Cuban people eating there. The decor brings you to the Spanish Caribbean with terra cotta, tile, wrought iron, and paintings of Cuban scenes. The wait staff seems truly Cuban: delightful middle aged men wearing guyabera shirts, who serve you with a twinkle in their eyes. And the food! They immediately bring a basket of home made plantain chips (perfect with Sangria, which is served with assorted fruit in the glass). Our favorites menu items are the two appetizer samplers: the Padron and the Tapico, which are meals in themselves. Equally delicious is the chorizo sausage appetizer. My husband always orders vaca frita (fried beef) for his main dish. He says he wants to try other items, but it's such a winner he can't resist it each time. Portions are generous and we always leave with take-out boxes. Honestly, it's hard to find something negative with this gem of a small restaurant.

• Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Great cuban cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

As soon as I arrived in Boca Raton Florida from Los Angeles, I began my online search for a good cuban restaurant. I have tried some, and tonight I went to the Cuban Cafe Restaurant. I had a wonderful meal. The fish is so fresh and delicious. The ingredients used are excellent. Especially the shrimp are from the gulf, not imported from Thailand or somewhere else. My wife and i had enjoyed very much our meal, because we are somewhat of a gourmet (we live to eat !).
The service is prompt, courteous. The price is very moderate. This was a real inexpensive treat.
I hope that with my review, I would have help somebody to make up his mind to go try this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012