“Modern, sleek Decor - good Pizza”
Review of Rosso Italia - CLOSED

Rosso Italia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glades / Military
Description: part of the Red restaurant group out of Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I was seated right away. Server came over immediately, took my Order and informed me that it was pizza night. So I ordered a pizza. the pizzas were only eight dollars. The food was delicious. the pizza was made with fresh ingredients and the crispy crust was yummy.
The ambience in this restaurant is very nice. Lot's of white and lots of open space. the white decor is contrasted by a red wall I thought it was a very comfortable place to eat. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Service was very good. Food (pizza and salad) were fresh,well prepared with locally made sausage,hand made crust. Taste was excellent. ,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Rosso provides breakfast and lunch both to hotel guests and to the public, and of course dinner as well for everyone. It also provides room service for the hotel. Rosso serves upscale northern Italian food, excellent veal and steaks, excellent fish, and pastas such as spinach gnocchi. For lunch, they offer smaller portions with salad or appetizer. Dinner appetizers are superb, especially the meat and cheese plate which allows you to select three meats and three cheeses of your choice, as well as olives and other garnish.

Breakfast seems to be served mainly to hotel guests, which is a shame since offerings are good and fresh. Most notable is a house-smoked salmon platter with creme fraiche, capers, onions, cubed tomatoes, and toasted brioche. Other choices include lemon French toast, eggs, and oatmeal or granola accompanied by fresh berries.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our second time at Rosso. The first time we enjoyed it, and we enjoy the connecting red steakhouse, so we assumed we knew what we were in for. Unfortunately they were off their game this most recent trip and we won't be back. We sat for ten minutes unnoticed before I flagged down a manager for drinks and to order. We had 2 overpriced specials, a fried eggplant with shrimp and a pounded out 16 oz veal chop. The shrimp were burnt. The 16 oz veal chop was 12 oz of bone, and 5 bites of veal that were so small I didn't need a knife to finish my entree. It didn't even come with a side for $32! Overall very disappointing. I would suggest sticking to the regular menu items, and the salami and cheeses.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Fan of Moxie and Red in Cleveland. Down in Boca for the Holidays came here with friends for dinner. Found the food as delicious as expected. Proprietor, Brad Friedlander, does Italian great! Our kids had pasta dishes which they loved, we enjoyed the salads, the Osso Bucca and the Chicken cattaciore, all laudable. We're coming back for Nee Years. Make sure you try it!