“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In Publix Plaza at 20th and Federal Highway
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love Nino's of Boca II restaurant. Great food in an unassuming atmosphere has us coming back frequently. We love the linguini with huge shrimp in red tomato sauce. Mmmmmm good. Dinners come with salad or soup. Service is low key, but friendly and efficient. Nino's is your typical neighborhood Italian restaurant. No need to get all dressed up as it is a very casual atmosphere. Wine is served by the bottle or glass. Easy to find a coupe of miles north of downtown Boca right off the Northbound side of Federal Highway in "The Fifth Avenue Shops". No need to make reservations unless you are a large group. There are some tables outside. Plenty of parking in the shopping center.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had dinner here with my family on a trip to take my daughter back to FAU for the spring semester.

Food was generally good, but rather expensive.

The good: Everyone's main course was very satisfactory (Veal Piccata for me, a Salmon special for my wife, and gnocchi for my daughter). Also the desert got a thumbs up from them.

The not so good: salads were just OK, likewise the pasta fagioli soup I had.
And prices were several dollars over (say) the Carrabas-type range.

Also to note: no full bar. Darn, I do like an Irish Coffee as MY desert... oh well!

I guess I'd give this a sort of 3.6 bullet if the rating system allowed.
To be honest: it's not bad overall, but we probably won't repeat.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We had our second visit to Ninos and we had a wonderful experience. Our server was great. I had the linguini with clams in red clam sauce. I asked for extra garlic and for exactly what I asked. It was a nice portion and the garlic rolls were outstanding! The rest of my part had pizza and they were extremely pleased.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As is typical of the area, this restaurant is in a strip mall. It's got a small entry so you have to look for it. If you like Italian, don't miss this one, though be aware it's not for dieters! Very good food, huge portions, great service. You can spend over $30 for an entree, but there are plenty of less expensive choices. Get the dinner rolls with some plain and some garlic - so yummy! I have I eaten here several times and it's consistently good.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you want more than pizzas (their are really good, but!) for a nice diner, I believe Nino's should be the right place in Boca Raton.
Very friendly staff, very good food (I recommend the veal with bruschetta), nice wine list, what else?
A lot of place to park you car and sometimes a bit overcrowded so try to go later than 7:00 pm for diner ,-)