“Awful service”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Palmetto Park Rd
Description: Eat;Kin
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I went in with a friend, we ordered drinks, and the server brought them out and one was wrong! Should have known it was going to be bad just from that. We didn't say anything and ordered our food. My friends food came out first and I waited for 5-10 minutes before mine finally came out. I've never had that happen. My friends meal was wrong, and we said something and the waiter was not apologetic, nor did he try to fix it at the time. My food was also wrong, but I didn't say thing because it wasn't too off. When we wanted our check, the server charged my friend for his meal even though he didn't eat, and REFUSED to take it off. He offered to fix it AFTER I finished my meal and give it to us to go.... that's not the point of "going out to dinner"... Other than that, the food was decent, not the best. They just need to hire someone with actual serving experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Server extremely rude, brought wrong drinks, whatever.
Then our mains came and mine had the incorrect noodles in it.
After he explained that they were out of udon noodles (what I ordered) i said i didn't want it. He refused to take it off the bill and at the end of the meal magically "Found" some more udon noodles in the back. Didn't want to take food home considering the GF had finished her meal, so I declined. He proceeded to threaten to call the cops, which he didn't.... So after 20 minutes waiting outside I called them myself to sort the situation.
Food is fine but service (especially the server VInnie) was the most horrible experience I have ever had after eating at probably 1-2,000 establishments all over the world.

I used to wonder why this place is consistently empty all the time.
I don't anymore. I'd avoid this at all costs. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is that it's going to close down just as fast as every other place that has been in this location previous. GET A GRIP AND LEARN HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS.

I Signed up for yelp after browsing for over two years just to write this review. STAY AWAY.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

It's about time Boca got a good and inexpensive noodle restaurant...first time we went there with the family we ordered more food than usual just to try as much as possible, everything was well prepared and presented and we all loved our dishes. Since then we have been back twice within two weeks and are telling our friends..I crave their soups.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Boca isn't always known for fabulous food and there are many mediocre food establishments who attempt to make the mark but don't. Kin - a kind of funky noodle bar - does the trick. The menu is a mix of thai and japanese items with a focus on soups and noodle dishes - with the thai chef the thai dishes turn out to get the better end of the expertise, although the japanese dishes are ok. The Hawaiian fried rice has a really excellent exotic flavoralthough they should remove the original pineapple chunks from the dish and replace them with fresher pieces due to the wear and tear they get in the cooking process. The thai ice tea was also one of the better ones I have had - not too smoky strong with good smooth flavor and the dairy they use in it ( not sure what it is) is fresh and creamy, unlike some less expertly made varieties. The service is a little odd but attentive - try to get to know the server a bit better and he will make some recommendations.

Overall a pretty decent place in boca raton - the atmosphere is pretty simple but the colorful pillows make it have more of a local thai feel to it. Worth the money and worth visiting.