“Great food, good prices, bit of a dive”

Caribbean Grill Cuban Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 828 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is not the kind of place you would recommend to the visitor to Boca looking for Mizner Park glitz or the white napkin treatment renown at upscale restaurants on Palmetto Park Rd for instance.
What it is:
Just plain good food, delicious spices, big portions, all at good prices.
Go here because you want a good meal, enough to bring home left overs, that won't break your wallet.
Small slightly claustrophobic inside dining; also some tables outside, next to cars parked -at the end of a nondescript strip mall.
NO alcohol served, but you can BYOB.

3  Thank dsears3
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Grill Cuban Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just left this place. I agree with some of the other reviews. it is very easy to pass. its in a corner of a plaza, partially covered by palm trees. walking in we saw the byob sign, I guess that didn't register for me because I asked for a glass of sangria, as it (along with other alcoholic beverages) are listed on the menu. there was one waitress but she was very attentive and provided assistance with making my dinner decision. I ordered the chimichurri steak, yellow rice and salad...one word...AMAZING! the steak was seasoned very well and the dinner was an ample portion. I brought the rest back to the hotel to munch on. Dinner was less than $20 and completely worth the trip. It's nothing fancy but I will likely return before our vacation is over. There were a few other things I wanted to try. They also offer fresh fish options (I think im going to try the snapper). I didn't see anything unappetizing come out of the kitchen.

btw...I did make a quick trip to the 7-11 in the plaza for a cheap bottle of wine.

3  Thank ms_swalton
Reviewed June 30, 2014

In a strip center a hidden gem. Have always been able to walk in not wait for a table. Same waiter staff for years. Owner operators, always a warm welcome. Great sangria, followed generous portions. Black beans, rice, and plantains alway complement authentic dishes. The selection of entrees can meet your stomachs cravings. A must try is their coconut flan desert, one is rich enough to share with a cuban coffee to end a wonderful meal.

4  Thank patsalk
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Caribbean Grill Cuban Restaurant hard to find but the worth the look. If you know the area no worries but if you are not from Boca Raton it may be a little difficult. Not very large and at 11:30 in the morning they were busy. I got Chicarrones and Oxtails to go and they were both spot on. Probably the most tender oxtails I have had in a cuban restaurant. The chicarrones were large, fried to perfection nuggets of pork. I noticed a lot of people getting cuban coffe to go so it must be good. This is a place I will definitely go back to so I can sit down and really test out the place.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was our first visit to The Caribbean Grill. Four of us had very different meals; beef, shrimp, pork and corvina. All raved about how perfectly the meals were prepared in terms of flavors, cooking time, and quality. Cooked to all of our particular likes and spices were not overwhelming but lingered in a very satisfying way. Not fancy but very homey. BYOB if you want alcohol. Another way to save on a fabulous dinner.

1  Thank Retired_On_Beach