“Great food! Great Price”
Review of Mario's Osteria

Mario's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mario's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 811 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual family Italian restaurant specializing in homemade signature pasta, pizza, fresh fish, and meat entrees. Great outdoor dining experience offered with a full bar. "oh yeah dont forget about the garlic rolls"
Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food! Great Price”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food here is phenomenal! Service just as good. The bread is out of this world! The baked ziti is unbelievable.

• Visited February 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“Awful Big---and Awful Good!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This Italian eatery opened in their new location within the past year or so. Before moving, the Owners were also in Boca but in a less up-scale location. This new place is smack dab in the middle of one of Boca's busiest shopping Strips just off the Glades Road exit of I95 - and almost directly across the street from the FAU campus. It's a great location -- plenty of parking (complimentary Valet is also available directly outside of Mario's), a well-lit area and on-site Security doing patrols in their specialized golf cart.

You can choose to dine inside or enjoy some people-watching from Mario's outdoor patio. They also sport an outdoor bar with several TV's to watch while you relax or have your meal served at the bar.

Once inside, the beautiful decor will draw you in. The hues are muted, the noise level is low and the lighting is just perfect. They offer tables, banks or booths and they take (and honor) reservations. The place is spotless and the kitchen is "open" - always a good sign!

It was our first dinner at Mario's and, even in Boca's off-season, the place was buzzing and very busy. Mario's has a full and well-stocked bar and my friends chose their favorite cocktails and wine from an extensive and reasonably priced wine list.

The meal is served ala-carte so you must order each course separately. For the five of us, we ordered two different salads and, frankly could have done with just one. I actually felt that the Server should have told us that each salad is gigantic --- way more than the five of us could have devoured. Nevertheless, both salads were a hit and we just "boxed" the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

We all chose the baked spaghetti with Mario's signature meat sauce. It was awful big and awful good - probably the best I have had here in south Florida! It was tasty without being greasy with just the right amount of tomato base but loaded with meat sauce and a ton of melted cheese. Believe me, if you like this dish, order it here - your tongue will have a treat!

All of the entree's are super-sized (easily enough for two to share) and the price is moderate. The Wait Staff was both knowledgeable and attentive and the whole dining experience will bring us back for another lip-smacking meal - very soon!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jim g
Palm Beach Gardens
“Large menu, pricey, nice staff, good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went on a Monday night for a business dinner. It was quite busy. Lots of dishes on the menu and and a decent wine list. My fellow diner was looking for oysters but really didnt see any. Had the spicey fried calamari, it was flavorful and crunchy. Our waiter forgot our garlic bread, which was yummy, gooey and garlicky. The salads had a nice variety of vegetables- nothing spectacular. We had the scallops risotto, shrimp risotto and the Mario's seafood special. The risotto dishes had the protein simply atop a asparagus flavored (green) risotto. Good. The Mario's special was a disappointment as the pasta was a bit harder than my friend would like. We had a good experience but I think I'd rather come at lunch time when it is quieter as there are so many other dining options on Glades road.

Boca Raton
“Great Place for Lunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We decided at the last minute to try Mario's Osteria for lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the ambience, quality of food, reasonable prices, and service. I had the veal with artichokes in a lemon wine sauce and a serving of pasta with marinara sauce, The veal item was one of the best ever and I would certainly go back again. My wife's eggplant pizza was also very good. The garlic bread is "to die for".

Millington
“Skip this one”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I liked everything about this place but the food. I ordered veal piccata with a side dish of spaghetti. The veal was overlooked and was tough. The pasta with red sauce was undercooked and had a dry taste to it. It was like it was sitting in a pot since Noon. The restaurant came highly recommended to me so perhaps I caught them on a bad night.