“don't expect anything and it will be passable”
Review of Umbria Ristorante

Umbria Ristorante
Ranked #357 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Mediterranean / continental cuisine at the hotel.
Description: Mediterranean / continental cuisine at the hotel.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I first read prior reviews on TA to see how this place would be. A friend wanted to dine there. The ambiance is pleasant and the best thing encountered.
The rolls were undercooked and looked like a ghost. I didn't even bother.
The entrees were both seriously overcooked. Tuna was requested to be medium rare and it was cooked medium well. Salmon was to be cooked medium and was well done.
Veggies were ok and wild rice was fine.
There was also, however, a long dark human hair under the veggies on one plate which did not match either of the diner's hair color. YUK!
Ergo, I would never go back and would never recommend. Food is not a passion at this hotel.

1  Thank ecobeing

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a nice breakfast buffet. My granddaughter and I ordered the buffet. My daughter ordered from the a la carte menu- French toast. The buffet was on the small size but good. I had oatmeal cereal, coffee, fruit and toast. My granddaughter had juice, cereal, fruit and bagel and cream cheese. The cost for the buffet was $15.95. Service was ok.

1  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to key west. To start 17.00 for grey goose. Ridiculous! We were enjoying the happy hour tapas. The sliders were disgusting! The mussels were frightening! The shrimp with lemon risotto was good and the sausage with escarole was edible. Would not ever go back.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thought we'd be getting a "Marriott" quality Sunday Brunch when all we got was a franchisee run lousy meal, dirty restaurant and overall terrible outing for Mother's Day. From now on, it's making Mom a first class meal at home.
Staff was mediocre and slovenly dressed.
Tables were covered with remnants of sugar mess from last guests and set with new settings for new guests - ewe.....
Glassware was beyond dirty. Does anyone look at what their putting on the table for guests? NO because they don't even look at themselves in the mirror to see what they look like first. This is an embarrassment for Marriott Corporation to be associated with franchisees that don't know quality. Never recommend this hotel for anything because of this.

So disappointed I wrote Marriott Corp.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friends and I dined at the Umbria Ristorante, located in the Renaissance Hotel. The restaurant was empty. A pleasant waiter, with little to no experience, took our order. We had a coupon and had to spend a minimum of $150. We arrived at 6 PM, our beverage order was taken immediately and we ordered three appetizers: the Mediterranean platter, the shrimp scampi on risotto, and one that I cannot remember. All were good except that the risotto was ice cold. The main courses, salmon, steak and fish were inconsistent in temperature and special requests such as no raisins in the spinach were not honored. One would think that the special attention to detail would be evident since we were the only diners. One would also think that more effort would be made to attract local clientele since there are so many restaurants in the area.