“Nice sports bar”

The English Tap & Beer Garden
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The English Tap & Beer Garden serves 30 beers on tap and over 60 bottled beers from around the world and has created an ample menu of delicious, reasonably-priced casual fare, perfect for lunch, dinner and happy hour with daily happy hour specials. Experience our inviting pub favorites along with other tasty selections including Burgers and Sliders, Organic Chicken, Bangers & Mash, Ahi Tuna Sliders, English Tap Asian Chicken Salad, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (7 different ways), an assortment of Flatbreads, Panini's and so much more. According to the owner, John Watson, whom also owns Wild Olives, in Boca Raton, Taverna Opa at Dolphin Mall, and Wild Ginger in West Palm Beach, "You can barely walk a block in Manhattan without seeing some sort of beer garden, usually without any type of garden whatsoever. We know it's the right time to bring an authentic beer garden to South Florida, and we have the perfect outdoor/indoor location. People looking for delicious beers and a full bar accompanied by great food in a casual outdoor space will have to look no further than our restaurant."
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night, the outside seating is packed but the inside was pretty empty, which was fine with us. The food was really good, had the pretzel bread and cheese sauce to start which was delicious. Also had the lobster flatbread which was also very good and actually had big chunks of maine lobster. My boyfriend had a buffalo chicken sandwich which he really liked too. Good service, good atmosphere, no complaints.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is great. It has a decent beer selection which some good options on draught (on tap). It's nice to sit outside. We've eaten here quite a few times, ordering different things, and have always liked the food. However, since I tried the fish and chips, I haven't ordered anything else. The fish was excellent. Nice batter, nicely cooked. The chips are not authentic - nothing like what you would get at a chippy back home in the UK. In fact, under the heading "fish and chips" they are accurately described as 'french fries' on the menu. But, whatever you decide to call them, they are DELICIOUS. I will also vouch for the chili, the potato skins, the lobster mac and cheese and fig and prosciutto flatbread.

This place is nothing like most pubs in the UK. In fact, both the "English" and the "Beer Garden" parts of the name are misleading. But just think of this place as "Tap" and order some fish and chips (i.e. fish and fries) and you will not be disappointed. Unless paying $15 for fish and chips will disappoint you. Maybe that is a little steep for fish and chips. But they are delicious. So maybe it's worth it.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The atmosphere here is wonderful with outside & inside seating. Great drinks. The fried pickles, chicken chili, and sirloin chili is to die for. The service was top notch. Our waiter Darrick never let our drinks go low. Very attentive and friendly. The place is very clean. My friend & I thouroughly enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I like the ambience, and I was really looking forward to going for their food. I had crab cake mini sandwiches and well, it wasn't it that great. It had mustard on it, and it wasn't great. Anyway, they have great fish and chips, and Beef dip sandwich was good (not great). Great sweet potato fries! :-)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This pub with indoor and outdoor seating is literally right outside the Marriott Boca Center hotel - great convenience. I tried their prime rib special (Saturdays); the meat was very tender but smelled slightly aged (maybe my imagination). Large selection of beers (both bottled and draft); I was able to get Dos Equis Lager on tap. Service was very good and friendly.

1  Thank oceanpalace