“Bad management”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #144 of 839 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went here with my sin during his Spring break. Sat at the bar. Bar tender took care of us. Ordered avocado dip and crispy mac and cheese nuggets to start. Then a grilled ceaser salad followed by a barbaque pizza. The dip was decent. The nuggets came out frozen in the middle. The manager said thanks for the feedback for serving us frozen nuggets and gave us another order which was only warm. The pizza arrived well before the salad. We ended up eating the pizza and bagging the salad since we ordered before the pizza. Manager did not cone over to apologize or offfer anything. The pizza was decent.
Not a great experience on this night. Might not come back.

1  Thank Nailcutter

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre pizza. Crusted like a cracker and the pizza sauce was acidic and bland. All the pizza options were overpriced. In an area where you're Italian/Pizza restaurant options are are great its worth a short drive to restaurants like Dominick's, Table 42, Etc then to waste your money at the California Pizza Kitchen chain restaurant. By the way, this not in the first time I've been to California Pizza Kitchen restaurant it's usually a choice of last resort for me. I guess some things never improve.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Pizza was good - shared the thai chicken pizza and the bbq chicken pizza. Both good and served hot. The waitress was in a cranky mood and blew us off many times.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant serves more than well prepared and some unique pizzas. It has good pasta too. But, it was very disorganized. We were six. Five got their food together and I had to wait for the longest time. Then everyone finished and I was eating for another 15 mins. We also had trouble getting refills to our drinks (more ice than lemonade!). All in all the service took away from the good food and ambiance. I really suspect that the service problem is more the poor organization (management) of the place and not the waitresses. We were served by too many of them and their was no coordination. That's what must have happened with my dish since it was ordered through one waitress, our group's meal was served by another and my dish came with the original girl. It wasn't as warm as it should have been since it must have sat there for awhile. Thus, our experience mirrored the experience of a 2011 review on this same page.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We sat at the bar and the bartender was extremely fast, friendly and the service great. We ordered two pizzas and they were crispy and delicious. California pizza kitchen generally has consistent food and great waitstaff.