“Not exactly Wooster Street apizza, but not bad...”

Nick's New Haven Style Pizzeria & Bar
Ranked #71 of 806 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New York 'swank' meets New Haven 'style' at this incredibly hip, 4,600 square foot pizzeria and bar. Taste the time-honored 'apizza' tradition of New Haven, Connecticut that local food critics and guests are calling 'the best damn apizza you'll ever taste!'. Voted "Favorite Local Pizza" by Palm Beach Post's PBPulse poll, Feb. 2013.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Not exactly Wooster Street apizza, but not bad...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Having lived in CT and RI for almost 20 years, I became spoiled by New Haven Pizza. When I moved to FL last year, I was very disappointed by the pizza down here. A couple of days ago, I was searching for a different restaurant on TA, and stumbled on a listing for Nick's. I read the reviews, went to their website, and decided I needed to try their apizza at my earliest convenience. I did get my order to go, so I can't really comment on service, although the bartender who took my order was pleasant.
The pizza itself was very good; burnt on some edges and paper thin. Without a side by side comparison, I can't really be specific on exactly where this pizza fell just a little short of the Wooster Street pizzerias to which they are modeling their's after, but for being almost 1500 miles away from the real deal, this was quite an acceptable substitute.
I will return, although I am about a 35 minute drive from Boca Raton. I used to drive over an hour to get to Wooster Street!
In conclusion, not a perfect copy, but quite good, and far superior to other options in the area.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank MLPdiverRI

Mid-Atlantic State
“Lots of noise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Food was good, not spectacular, pizza crust was charred, but pizza was flavorful.
This place was overflowing with families and birthday party groups. There was so much noise, we could not even have a reasonable conversation! A 32 dollar bill for a small, individual pizza, a salad , one beer and an. Iced tea! That included a tip..

Boca Raton
“Good Pizza, great people watching”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Nick's is located in the newly revived plaza. The pizza is great, we got the pepperoni. Another time I got the anchovies (which I usually love at oter places).. and it was way too many crushed and put on like a spread, which was too salty. The The thin crust is great.

Visited December 2011
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“the best pizza ive ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

went here 2 times during our 7 nights vacation coal fired ovens make for great pizza

Visited December 2011
Boca Raton, Florida
“Authentic Conn. Pizza comes to Boca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife who is from New Haven said this place was love at first bite! I think everyone who ever moved from Conn. to Florida finds this place eventually. Pizza is crisp, large, generous with the toppings and seasonings. Manga! Excellent sides, hot dogs, and sandwiches. Prices are fair and service was friendly

Visited October 2011