“Gorgeous pool, incredibly nice and helpful staff (from...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wyndham Boca Raton

Wyndham Boca Raton
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Barrington
“Gorgeous pool, incredibly nice and helpful staff (from...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Gorgeous pool, incredibly nice and helpful staff (from front desk and doormen to cleaning professions), beautiful lobby, and awesome snack/breakfast bar!
Location extremely convenient -- especially access to airport, shopping, and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Turkish first
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here with my wife recently while attending a field hockey event at the West Palm Beach Polo Club (the team picked the hotel, thus the distant location from my event). I found the hotel to be adequate.

On the plus side, the linens were very clean, and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The pool and courtyard area seemed quite nice, although we did not use the pool. The room lighting was decent.

On the down side, there was a very unappealing stain in the middle of our carpet (I won't say what it looked like, but it appeared as if fresh and not yet attempted to be cleaned), the internet barely worked for us to the point of being almost worthless (admittedly, we were in a far corner room, so our experience may have been worse than others, but regardless, it was almost useless to us), and the shower water temperature fluctuated suddenly and severely.

The Farmer's Table restaurant had opened the day before we arrived. We did not eat there, but did enjoy the bar. They were still working out some issues (drink recipes, etc.), but we had a super friendly and helpful bartender (Carolyn or Caroline, I think).

The location is quite convenient to restaurants and stores.

We would stay again, but also would be happy to try another hotel if we found ourselves needing a room in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I originally planned to stay at the Rennaisance nearby but when I called the Wyndham I was told by the front desk agent that they woud be providing transfer service to the Chris Evert Tennis Charity events held at the Boca Raton Resort about 4 1/2 miles away. So I switched to the Wyndham at a slightly higher rate (they charged $106 with AAA discount which wasn't bad even though it is higher than nearby competitors.) The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming but the hallways and rooms have seen far better days and need refurbishing. There are not enough outlets to charge your laptop/iPad and phone on the desk area, you'll need to use an outlet near the bed and leave your phone on the floor or the bathroom. Not good for business travelers. Their pool area was quite nice, however, and I wished I had a room that faced the pool instead of a side parking lot. Another negative about this hotel is that while they have a little snack area which was fine for breakfast, I arrived at 3 p.m. famished after traveling to find it closed for the rest of the day. Fortunately there are nearby restaurants within walking distance, but to have no food service after 3 p.m. makes this property less desirable. Biggest disppointment was the Front office Manager's decision to prohibit the courtesy van from taking us to the Boca Resort for the charity events in the evenings. The drivers themselves confessed that they had nothing else to do and were quite willing to make a few dollars in offering this service to the very few geusts who might have wanted it, but management overruled them. I don't think this was intentional bait and switch, I think that the desk clerk told me what he understood to be the case when I made my reservations and the Manager overruled the decision afterwards. Cabs to and from were about $20 - $25 dollars each way, which really means that after 4 round trips, I could have afforded to stay at the Boca Raton Resort (lowest group rate was $177 there.) There are better properties in the area so until the Wyndham updates their guest rooms and offers on site dining (even if just snack type items a la Hyat Place) I wouldn't consider it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facingthe pool and on an upper floor - they offer balconies. I think I was penalized...