“Good but not great”
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton

Wyndham Boca Raton
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 4, 2012

No bath towels in the room. Had to go down to front desk to ask for towels in the early am.
The ac unit is exactly bed level, and only 12" from the bed, so the cold air blew right on my back. I could not turn the thing off. I was able to turn temp down but the fan blew all night, right on me. Very uncomfortable.
My adult kids traveling with me had to request another room because their sheets were still damp and smelled moldy.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you Charles N for taking the time to share your concerns as we value your feedback. I have reviewed them with the housekeeping and engineering teams for corrective action. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and please, contact me directly to help with your accommodations.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Boca Raton

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was much more than I expected! It was located very conveniently to I-95 and close to other businesses. When I checked in Emmanuel greeting me at the front desk and got me settled quickly, my room as clean and well attended. Overall, this is the hotel was a real find, I would stay there again in a heartbeat and I tend to rate hotels very critically. This is a great choice hotel if you are going to Boca Raton.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad that Emmanuel took such good care of you! I have shared your comments with all of our associates! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly, available, helpful and, unlike many of the chain hotels, caring. They go out of their way to see that needs are met. I love the fresh cookies and fruit - and not just old apples! Peaches, pears, bananas are available along with granola bars and fruit juice. There's a friendly doorman who has umbrellas to lend (we had rain), working computers, good books, a very clean lobby and the music...so soothing. No elevator music here! There's even quiet, spa-like music by the pool, which is a so lovely. A fountain gurgles all day and evening, and is lighted at night. The hot tub and pool are immaculate as are the towels, neatly rolled up and placed on lounges.

On my last visit I ate at Rosso which was suberb! All members of our party were happy with both the food and the service - and we're a picky group :) Try the Toscano wine - delicious! Breakfast is available also and is hearty with many choices.

On a previous visit, a small wedding was being held in the pool area which was nicely decorated. I saw the staff being very attentive to the guests.

I've stayed in both queen and double rooms and they're fine. If I had any issues with the hotel, it would be to modernize the rooms, increase the closet size, but they're 100% fine as they are. Ample towels and water pressure, nice amenities. A fridge would be nice but I understand they're available for the asking. The room does have a safe. It's very quiet.

With family in the Boca/DelRay area we'll be returning often!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our property. We look forward to your many returns to visit family, and I hope to meeti you in person the next time you stay. I also hope that you have a chance to try RED The Steakhouse and our newest addition, TrendTea located in our Cafe above the hotel lobby.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Hotel is fantastic, there is everything you need. The Pool is so peacefull and has
a great setting. The only thing I was missing was the Starbucks Coffee shop in the 2nd Floor
Otherwise I would go there in a heartbeat again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Silvia L for your kind comments. I am glad that the staff made you feel right at home, I am sorry that the Cafe wasn't open on your recent visit, but it has finally re-opened as TrendTea a very unique tea lounge with a variety of fresh and herbal teas. They are also serving a great coffee and light pastries. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at this property with my extended family over Labor Day weekend to attend a family event, and was very satisfied. Very clean and well maintained, with a courteous and caring staff. Good Boca Raton location within walking distance of restaurants. Also, close to the highway for easy travel to other southern Florida locations.

I especially enjoyed the lovely, relaxing pool area with comfy chairs. My family enjoyed the casual restaurant for breakfast. We all enjoyed the extra goodies such as 24 hour fresh fruit, snack bars and cookies in the lobby, and complimentary water bottles and coffee/tea in each room. At under $100.00 per night, this is an excellent value for this area. I would stay here again, and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The junior suites are a great value, and give you room to spead out with a separate sitting room and...
1  Thank Paula S
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you Paula S for sharing your recent experiences at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the new chaises at our pool as well as our snacks and fruits in the lobby. We believe Rosso is the best breakfast dining experience in town, but we also believe that their lunch and dinner menus are pretty fantastic too, and we hope you have a chance to try them on your next visit. We will have a couple of new amenities to offer when you return as we are converting our Cafe into a Tea Lounge, and we are adding a Yoga Studio on the 5th floor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Wyndham Boca Raton. This was my second stay at this property in the past 2 years and was delighted once again.

The hotel offers incredible value. My rate was about $90 a night, and the amenities, service, and hospitality of the staff were well worth the price. Rooms were very clean and well stocked (with free water bottles even!). Water pressure in the bathroom was very good, and toiletries were of a superb quality. Free wi-fi and free ethernet connection was a nice perk as well.

Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, ready to answer any questions or cater to any requests. They were always smiling which is rare these days in the hospitality world.

The property itself is well appointed and maintained. The courtyard is well manicured and has a warm pool and hot tub with fountains. There is gentle spa music piped in the background. The lobby has free juices, fruits, and snacks (granola bars, protein bars, etc) at all times. Parking was more than ample, and the location was superb--right off I-95 and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

Again, this hotel offers incredible value for the business or leisure traveler. We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank WDWFan1977

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very proud of our associates and the pride they take in making sure every guest is satisfied! I hope you have had a chance to try our new restuarants Rosso Italia and RED The Steakhouse. Thank you again, we value your business and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second time to this hotel in the past year. It is such a charming hotel with a warm and friendly staff. Someone is there to open the front door for you, and always with a smile. Check-in is always a breeze. They have fresh fruit out in the morning with granola bars for breakfast. They also offer fresh cookies and lemonade or fruit punch for lunch/dinner time. If it is raining out and you forgot your umbrella, they have some to loan out. It is also located right of Glades which is very convenient to get to.
They just updated the pool area with comfortable and stylish red lounges and chairs. They also have some cabanas which offer tons of shade. Plenty of fresh towels for guests and they even roll them up like a Mexico resort on the lounge chairs. Pool area is immaculate and water temperature of the pool is perfect.
The beds in the room are super comfortable. I always wake up in the middle of the night when I stay at hotels, but not here. I sleep soundly and wake up refreshed. They have Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea in the room with a coffee/maker. They have Bliss products in the bathroom ( my favorite is the soap with the little nubs!) The towels are so soft and fluffy. The air conditioner keeps the room really cool, which I like. They have everything you will need in the room ( safe, tv, alarm clock) you can even request a fridge if you need one.
They now have two restaurants on property ( Red steak house and Rosso Italian restaurant). I only ate at Rosso for breakfast and dinner. It was fantastic. They can make you anything you want if you do not see what you would like on the menu. The chicken I ate there was honestly the best chicken I have ever eaten. I am still craving the dish I ate!
My favorite part of this hotel I found out the last night, while printing out my boarding pass in their computer area. They have 2 large computers with printers and a LIBRARY!!! They have some pretty great books that they offer you to read on your stay. If you are unable to finish the book during your stay they allow you to take it home and return it on your next return visit.
My 2 stays at this hotel unfortunately were for sad circumstances. I am hoping to return and visit my husband's grandmother on a happier occasion. A time where we will be able to use the pool and spend some more time at the hotel. I can not say enough about this place. My husband's parents, uncles, and brother also had a great stay. The staff is always cleaning, always upbeat, and always ask what they can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I love the newspaper under my door every morning and there is always parking.

3  Thank melahoni

WOW! melahoni what an absolutely fabulous review of our hotel! All of us appreciate you taking the time to cover every detail of your visit! I am sorry that this visit was under difficult circumstances, but we want you to visit us often so you can enjoy all of our amenities as well the wonderful attractions around town from the beautiful beaches to some of the finest shopping in the country. I do hope that you will have an opportunity to try RED The Steakhouse for dinner next time, I know you will really enjoy their food! Please always consider us your home away from home, and we look forward to serving you again soon!