“Good value, safe and clean”
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton

Wyndham Boca Raton
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good value, safe and clean”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights last week. I am rarely in my room during the day, so I was not looking for a resort, but a good clean, safe place to sleep and shower. The room were updated but not new, sort of felt like some of the furniture was missing, like a dresser? Beds were super comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful, always greeted us. The pool area was beautiful. Our room faced the pool, and there was not a problem with noise. Nice lounge areas off the pool to sit and talk or use your iPad. Free wifi worked great. I did not see any evidence of prostitutes like a previous reviewer, and most nights found the bar area mostly empty. They do offer a happy hour from 5-7, but 2 small glasses of wine were still $12? Bartender was not very friendly at all. All in all, an ok hotel that still has some upgrading to do. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here over Easter weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Lovely pool area in the courtyard. we had a suite type of room. My husband and I had a comfortable king size bed in the main room. The bedding was modern and very clean. Our two teenage sons shared the living area-one on a pull-out sofa and the other on a roll-away bed. the furniture in the room was updated and in very good shape. Nice, modern sink in bathroom area. The rest of the bathroom was updated and clean but not new. we had a nice little balcony that overlooked the pool. The public rooms are bright, updated and clean. Only drawback was that the living area was a little dark and could use better lighting. even had a mini- fridge and microwave.

Staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. Complimentary shuttle for short trips. Very central location. Nice hotel and very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eastsider74Newyork
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Room clean. Facing pool. Noise not a problem as reported by others. We did not prostitutes on the 2nd floor lounge. We asked for a roll-out bed. They forgot to deliver. They ended up getting one from another hotel and brought up to room.

• Stayed April 2012
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night and really wanted to leave...please know this hotel is old but passes itself off as a modern hotel it is NOT. check in was unwelcoming, I beleve Brandon, checked us in and was disconnected and just rude! I went back to ask for restaurants in the area and he seemed annoyed that I asked, he sighed then proceeded to pull out a huge box of menus, I repeated my self twice saying " please just tell me what types of restaurants are in the area"
The rooms: we had a double bedded room and the room seemed clean and beds were comfortable, however, the old and loud air conditioning unit provided a night of unrest.

The bathroom: is very old and is original to the building, they have updated the sink area,however, the toilet and bathtub are circa 1970.

I gave this 2 stars primarily for the location not the hotel! If you are looking for a 1 or 2 star place at a reasonable price otherwise stay elsewhere!

I would never stay here again!

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank mangopa
NYC
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I had to stay here for 4 nights. I'll give you bullet points to make this easy:

- Prostitutes working the bar/Starbucks (1 on Friday, 2 on Saturday). Staff seemed chummy with the "girls".
- Next to an airport. Planes so loud that you will want to cover your head and hit the deck.
- FILTHY/OLD furniture in rooms (I covered the couch w/ sheets & blankets)
- Walls painted...brownish/poop/black. I wish I was kidding.
- We rented a suite but the living room was so dark/dank that we rarely sat it in.
- Half the light bulbs in the room were blown.
- Bright green lights that shine into your room.
- A "smart" chair that is about as dumb and ugly as they come. What the heck?
- Fridge in room doesn't work.
- Sketchy/dark at night.
- Beer cans in the pool.
- Our door was broken when we checked in, previous tenant had apparently ripped the lock off the door. Nice...
- Bar stools at the counter (in the room) that are almost the same height meaning, if you want to eat dinner at the bar, your knees are flush with the counter.
- Front desk guy was running "something" when he offered to give us free soap for the laundry room if we would buy a whole roll of quarters. What?
- I went to the lobby to get the cart for our bags. Halfway to the elevator a bellhop came running after me and grabbed the cart and pulled it away from me. He said only he could use. I explained that I preferred to do it myself. Was told that wasn't acceptable (Note: there was NO bellman when we checked in). I explained that my husband is disabled and it would take me a few minutes to load out stuff. I was told that I couldn't use the cart because it wouldn't be fair to other customers (Note: there is more than one dirty cart). I explained again that my husband is disabled. Bellman wouldn't let go of the cart.

At which point...I lost my temper and yelled at him and the front desk people that I WAS SICK OF THEIR FILTHY PROSTITUTE FILLED HOTEL.

Yes, I did.

Room Tip: Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WriterWillTravel
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Recently stayed here for a business trip. The price was reasonable and I (and my colleagues) figured that a Wyndham is always a safe bet. We were very, very wrong. I heard that it used to be a Holiday Inn, but it definitely seems more like a Red Roof Inn at best. From the outside, it looks decent. Even the lobby is okay. However, once you step into your room, the nightmare begins. Room faced a very loud parking lot on one side and a pool filled with loud drunks on the other. Carpet was filthy. Shower had hair in it. There was a used tissue in the sink. Dead bugs trapped in the light in the bathroom. Alarm clock was broken. The people I was traveling with all had similar experiences. I've always had good experiences with Wyndham before. Someone at corporate should take a good hard look at this property and see if it is really one that they want to be associated with.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank R0bin72
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Very tastefully decorated in the highest quality. The pool area is in a private and secluded garden setting and is wonderfully relaxing. Rooms are large and toiletries are very nice. The hotel is in a business district so it looks very sterile but the inside of the hotel really changes your impression. Close to everything and tons of restaurants (most expensive) in the complex but you can find some deals like Bruzzies and Sessions. Only negative is the AC which when it goes on sounds like a jet but otherwise the hotel is perfect

Room Tip: Really seculed on the inside but in a corporate park. Beautiful private garden
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,321 reviews

Been to Wyndham Boca Raton? Share your experiences!