“Very good, good value”
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton

Wyndham Boca Raton
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed September 20, 2011

After ditching our hotel in Ft Lauderdale after the first night (long past our college days, no view of the water, etc) we found this hotel on-line. I have always been happy with Windham hotels. This is a great basic hotel, they were running a 4th night free promotion which made our stay ridiculously cheap. Perfect for visiting family, close to 95, a really nice mall and restaurants. The hotel and rooms were clean, the staff was great, I had no complaints. Like I said its a really nice basic hotel, standard hotel rooms, nice pool, and its not pretending to be something it isn't. That's what makes this a Wyndham Garden, a notch below a regular Wyndham in aesthetics and amenities but not quality. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mtram
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Boca Raton

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just came back from a girls getaway weekend, and even though we ENJOYED ourselves, there were a few drawbacks. The property is ideally located near I-95, large mall, restaurants (varying in price), Movie Theater, super markets, drug stores, and less than a 10 minute drive to the beach. The hotel employees were professional and friendly. The property is well maintained. Our room was clean, nicely decorated, and we had a great view of the pool area. Now for the drawbacks…our room had poor lighting, the A/C was EXTREMELY NOISY, and the toilet ran loudly for a few minutes after flushing. The fitness area is clean and has a nice layout. However, the machines are outdated and most of them didn’t work. Would I stay at this hotel the next time I’m in Boca…just put it this way, this won’t be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank avakara
Reviewed September 12, 2011

What a great trip. My fiance and I stayed here for four days in August while inthe area to visit his family. The entry is beautiful and comfortable. The business areas on the 1st and second floors also offered a sharing library if you needed something to read. The room was large and comfortable and spotless. The cafe had a little trouble making a triple expresso but it was handles and made eventually. The pool area is stunning.. a perfect place for a wedding.. which is excatly what we are planning for our next visit in December.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VaBeachLover22
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had a great stay at the Wyndham. Very clean very friendly and the have a starbucks coffee machine so it worked out great. Was in toen to get certified for Scuba Diving and the location and the price was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed September 6, 2011

With this being out 3rd time, you would think we would have some complaints, but there are none. We stayed in a room this time that gave us a view of the pool area. it was nice to be able to open the sliding door and get a breeze and watch the courtyard and pool area. the check in attendants were very professional again and we really liked the doorman too. He was extremely helpful even though we chose to carry our own bags in. He was so nice and helpful, i tipped him for being so helpful and positive. i wish I could remember his name. he has helped us before. He is Spanish speaking and always smiling. He is a perfect compliment to your hotel. Your hotel staff and the cleanliness makes our stay there very easy to make each time we come. Thanks !!! Keep up the good work!! I forgot, we loved the beds and pillows too!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dave p
Reviewed August 27, 2011

About on par with a Holiday Inn Express. But for 80 dollars about what I expected. No restaurant, tiny bar area, walls so thin I could hear the entire conversation next door. Happy it was G-rated. Staff very nice, but hair in sink. Noticed too late in the night to worry about changing rooms so just took a picture and cleaned it myself. I always carry sanitizer. Good news is free parking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations, and I have reviewed your concerns with our housekeeping team. I am happy to say that in addition to our Cafe, we will be opening two new restaurants by the end of this year, a Steakhouse and an Italian restaurant which will include a full breakfast and lunch menu in addition to dinner. Both menus will be available through room service as well.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here for a family vacation in early August and had a fall on their property on the way to my suite WHILE HOLDING MY THREE MONTH OLD INFANT. Thank god my son was uninjured, but I hurt my leg and toe in the fall. It happened in the evening on my last night there and we had to leave early the next morning due to a death in the family in northern Florida. I filled out an accident report and sent an email and later called to follow up with the manager. I am still awaiting a response.
#1- It had rained hours prior to my fall and the water was not cleaned up, nor was there a Caution: Wet Floor sign.
#2- What kind of manager fails to respond to this kind of a complaint? Not only was I endangered, but my three month old son could have been fatally injured. This doesn't deserve a response?

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere with better management.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family