“Fun time in the kayak”
Review of Spanish River Paddle Company - CLOSED

Spanish River Paddle Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Spanish River Paddle Company, headquartered in Boca Raton, FL.We are mobile company, and take advantage of tide and prevailing winds for a more enjoyable experience. The Spanish River Paddle Company, is an Eco-Tour company which utilizes sit-on-top kayaks and stand-up paddleboards. We are passionate about the ocean & coastal area here in South Florida and enjoy sharing the experience of this unique marine environment.We take safety seriously and are dedicated to customer service and outstanding outdoor adventures.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a morning tour with Rachel 2 weeks ago and had a great time. We chose the time we did because we were able to explore Mangrove areas that even Rachel had never tried to navigate before. I can get bored easily but exploring can usually hold my interest and we got to check out different kinds of birds and animals on the way - plus I got to confuse some old guy at a fuel pump by telling him I'd need some gas for my kayak on the way back. We each had our single kayaks and it was a little work going into the wind but we expected that since we didn't go with the motorized kayak option (that's not actually a thing).

Then as we headed back Rachel took a comment by my wife as a challenge. (This was our last activity on the water before we left Florida and we had yet to see any manatees that we kept hearing about and we told Rachel that we thought this was a Florida conspiracy theory. She was determined to prove us wrong.) I think it was not 2 minutes later that 2 manatees popped up out of the water about 100 feet from us and we followed them down the river almost half a mile as best we could. It was just the 3 of us (if you don't count the manatees) and we had a great time together.

I would recommend this trip, this company, and Rachel.

4  Thank vtfrisbee

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were a group of 7. Ages 4,5,9, 39,40, 65 and 66. We all had a great time. The 9 year old had his own kayak. I would only recommend that for kids that have kayaked before. I would definitely not miss this trip if you ate in the area and I do plan on going again. We did the morning, maybe next time I would do sunset. Just be clear when you make a reservation as to we're you are meeting. You are actually meeting at the CVS parking lot.

5  Thank Roni J
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We took a kayak tour today. The water was a gorgeous blue and the sun was shining. Our guide, Don, pointed out many different birds and was very knowledgeable about the natural environment. We learned all about the different types of mangroves and saw lots of mangrove crabs.
A great experience that I would recommend to everyone.

5  Thank timPhant
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We spent the morning today kayaking with Rachel and the Spanish River Paddle Company. Four adults and three little ones so, we took two doubles and a single kayak which worked out great. Rachel was a fantastic guide and pointed out a tremendous amount of wildlife. We were amazed at how much we were able to see including manatee, heron, osprey, pelicans and more...Our four year old loved the crabs in the mangroves and was thrilled with Rachel and her upbeat personality. We will be back next year!
Chris & Lisa C

4  Thank Chris C
See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and were looking to do some kayaking in the Boca/Delray beach area, and found online that the Spanish River Paddle Company was highly recommended. We signed up for a morning, high-tide kayak through the mangroves and the intercostal waterway. We were very pleased with our experience and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Rachel was a great guide and took good care of us. Will definitely be coming back to paddle with them again.

3  Thank Darren S