“Wow- great value, fresh fish”

Shinju Japanese Buffet
Ranked #59 of 855 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was dubious at the idea of a sushi buffet, but boy oh boy, this place proved me wrong. A tremendous value with an overabundance of choices. There's a stir-fry area that looked great but I stuck to the sushi (sashimi and nigiri) as well as what I termed the "appetizer" row. The waitresses were very attentive always filling up water glasses, refreshing the tea pot and clearing away empty plates. The only thing I felt was lacking (or out of place?) was the dessert bar. It was a strange assortment of ice creams, jello and cake squares, but maybe it's just not my kind of dessert. I did see lots of other patrons scooping out flavors. We went for dinner and I recommend going early (6:00pm or earlier) if you don't want to wait. When we left (7:15pm-ish) there was a substantial line.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Sushi was constantly being refreshed. Large variety of sushi and Chinese. Great place and reasonably priced. There is a hibachi grill also. Deserts were plentiful also.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went here for lunch. The choice of food is great as well as really good quality. I must say however, that you need to be very careful when driving there. I missed the initial turn into the car park and ended up on the turnpike! A 6 mile trip turned into a 16 mile trip.... Now knowing this though, I would go back here any time.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Better than most buffets in the area. Huge selection and surprisingly good quality. Mongolian barbecue was also very good as was the Chinese food. Don't miss this one if you like buffets!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

What a great buffet here - all you can eat Sushi, Sashimi, standard Chinese and Japanese fare, great desserts, and all at a great price. Don;t be frightened by the all-you-can-eat sushi - it's very, very good, as was the rest of the buffet.