“What's happened to this great restaurant?”
Review of Campagnolo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2011

When we want fine Italian food, we go to Campagnolo. I have always brought my out of town guests there.
We have not visited there over the summer, but went tonight to find the menu has changed from its former family style format.

Not only did the menu style change, which would be alright in and of itself but the portions are much smaller and disappointing. The garlic knots were hard, and the salad portion was the first clue something was amiss here. A tiny portion, a few canned, sliced olives and two wedges of a half a tomatoe slice and a thin one at that. My husband's chicken parm did not live up to his past experiences there and my fish dinner was not as magnificant as in the past.

This is not an inexpensive restaurant so I am happy we at least had a Groupon coupon, which it seems they were not happy we had.

2  Thank AnnetteM444

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I rarely write a review unless I have something good to say. But with all the fine choices of Italian Restaurants in Boca Raton, FL, I hopefully will choose more wisely next time. My linguini in clam sauce had steel wool in it. My partner ordered capellini and was served linguini. The rude bartender, who admitted he made a mistake but served it anyway, did not apologize. Nor did the manager. So I am taking to the internet to tell people to be forewarned.

The management should realize that I not only have the internet, but I also have a wide array of friends and family who dine out. If I make a mistake in business, as every business person does, I make it right! And, I bend over apologizing. Think about it management.

3  Thank Roberta R
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I eat all over boca this place is one of the best , staff is always friendly and helpful there food homemade freash great value see you soon

Reviewed July 7, 2011

been there many time alway had a great meal and the waitstaff was always helpful , and friendly I tell all my friends to go , keep up the good work

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have visited this restaurant on three occasions. The first evening was delightful; I had a good meal and they had a live singer. The second time, the service had slipped a little. The third time, my partner and I walked out due to lack of service. It was a Saturday evening around 7:00 p.m. and in the large dining room we were seated, there was hardly anyone there. We waited for someone to acknowledge us while a couple of the wait staff stood around talking nearby. Thereafter, a woman was seated next to us and I assume her partner was parking the car. The bread server walked up to her with a basket of bread and then proceeded to another table much further from us with the second basket she was carrying, still not acknowledging we were there. By this time, my partner and I decided we could go to another restaurant and be appreciated as a customer. As we decided to leave, one of the talking staff asked if we had been waited on yet, and we said no, and that we were going to leave. She said she would find out who was supposed to be waiting on us, but we decided to go to another restaurant.

2  Thank BocaDeb