“Good cookies!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
USA
“Good cookies!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Gotta love the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the front desk! The peanut butter were my favorite. Be sure to try one or a few!

Our check-in was quick and friendly. We even had a call from Erin a little later to insure that we were happy with our room. Continental breakfast includes yogurt, fruit, juices, Belgium waffles, scramble eggs, sausage, turkey Canadian bacon and of course plastic silverware, cups and foam plates.

We checked out the pool area when we first got there. The area by the hot tub was very dark and unsafe. We brought this to Erin's attention however 3 days later when we left the area was still dark and unsafe. What a shame!

The pillows are horrible. We switched out the feather ones for foam and they were just as bad unfortunately. Our room was made up daily. Sheets are changed every third day of your stay so we never got fresh sheets. There's a fridge in the room and a microwave in the breakfast area. Free Wi-Fi and a nice computer desk and chair.

The hotel is on Airport Road - yes that means planes fly overhead. For our purposes it was centrally located and worked ok for us.

We tried to add a 4th night on to our 3-night reservation online. The website continued to buffer and the reservation would not go through. We called AARP to see if they could help us and they basically refused to do so. We call the Fairfield to see if they could extend the rate and they also refused to do so even though they confirmed they had availability. Totally unacceptable really. We already had a 3-night reservation. They chose to have a room possibly unoccupied rather than do the guest-friendly thing and extend us one more night. Even though we were trying to make a last minute change, if was frustrating dealing with AARP and Fairfield. So, we were welcomed with open arms and an AARP rate at Trianon in Bonita Springs. Check out my review of this great hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear DesertDee326,

First I'd like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write your review. Every comment or concern is very much appreciated and helpful to us. I'm glad you love the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. The sugar free lemon and the peanut butter are my favorite too!
I'm not quite sure what happened when you tried to extend your stay and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to accommodate you. In our efforts of being "green" we do change the sheets for our long term staying guests every third day, however, a guest can request that the sheets be changed daily and we are happy to fulfill such request. The outdoor pool lights unfortunately were not as easy a fix as I would have liked but it has been taken care of...it just took a little longer than we had hoped. Again my apologies for your inconveniences and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Boca.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
tomsriver nj
Reviewed September 22, 2013

By booking on line we got a $70.00 dollar rate. they have a great out door built in pool and hot tub. Located by route 95, no noise worries. Their breakfast is fantastic. Eggs, ham, sausage, juice machine, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, three kinds of yogurt. small pints of milk, coffee and tea, cereal, different pastries. Coffee and tea is available 24 hours, WI-FI. Rooms are exceptionally clean and updated. very safe.

Room Tip: it is all good, small airport in back. not much noise except an occasional small jet take off.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear paul m,

Thank you so very much for your amazing review! I love how you're so descriptive and even more so that you enjoyed your time with us. Your kind words about the rooms being exceptionally clean, the pool and hot tub, and fantastic breakfast are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again very soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice average hotel. Very clean and accommodating. Breakfast free. Great for in and out visit. No complaints at all. The staff is very nice. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for the value it is very good.

Room Tip: If you are looking for convenience and a quick in and out room, stay here. This is not a 4 or 5 sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jon S
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear jonsob,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so happy that you found the hotel to be clean and accommodating and the staff nice. We appreciate you and hope you'll be back to visit us soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I dropped my daughter off at orientation at Florida Atlantic University at 7am and reserved a room online via phone. When I got here, the room I booked wasn't ready so they gave me a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Honestly? I didn't want to leave. The room was gorgeous, clean, and comfortable. The staff is incredibly friendly. And while I didn't make it to the pool this time, it looked clean and inviting from my window. On top of all that, the price was beyond reasonable. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Trish D
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Trish D,

I remember checking you in that morning and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It makes me smile to know that you found the staff to be incredibly friendly. That's the kind of service you can expect every time you visit us and we look forward to seeing you again over the next few years while your daughter attends FAU. Hopefully next time you'll get to enjoy the pool. Thank you so much for writing your review. It is always appreciated. See you soon!
Ashkelon, Israel
Reviewed July 11, 2013

For three consecutive years we traveled to Boca Raton and stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites, We were there several times a year.
The Hotel is neat, the crew is wonderful, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are clean and the Hotel is nearby.
I wish to thank the crew and hope to see you all again soon.
Benny & Nurit Nitzberg
Israel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear nnurit,

I just want to tell you how much we appreciate you and the wonderful review you wrote for us. You both have always been wonderful guests and we look forward to your stay every time! Thank you for being you and the joy you bring to us, the staff! We hope you continue to stay with us for many years to come!
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I paid with a gift card & there was a small issue w/redeeming the card. I called the number in the back of the Marriott g/c & the phone associate kindly walked the manager to redeeming the card...a new procedure he wasn't aware of. That was just a moderate issue when checking in. When we were finally assigned our room & settling in, the manager called a few minutes later & asked if everything was set to our comfort level. After a brief conversation, I asked for extra pillows, towels, & a rollaway bed for my child. I asked how much it was for the bed, & said he'd waived the fee as a result of what we experienced earlier that day. On top of that, he offered more fresh baked warm cookies from the lobby. I offered him a tip & he declined. <=That was impressive. Most hotel employees jump at the opportunity for a tip. He thought nothing of it I immediately knew his service was beyond outstanding. Michael Gerrish is the manager who took care of everything for us from beginning to end, & our personal experience was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2013
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Gen R,

WOW! What a wonderful review and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your experience! Michael is an amazing Front Desk Supervisor and genuinely cares for our guests in making sure they experience the best that Boca Raton and our hotel has to offer. I'm thrilled you were impressed by Michael and his hospitality. I do apologize for the mishap with the gift card but glad Michael was able to take care of the situation for you.
I can't thank you enough for writing such an amazing review and the 5 star rating! We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 6, 2013

On the heels of our last few days in Florida, we found this place online. Mainly because we had made a choice in the beginning for staying at the Hotel in Boynton Beach and wouldn't be returning there.

We get there from Orlando and the rooms were said to be ready at 3 we didn't get in to the room until 4:15. Thus we had a grumpy 16 month old that we had to chance out in the kitchen/breakfest area because they don't have those baby changing things.

Staff almost cold. No one except the person at the from desk speaks English. so its hard to notify anyone of anything.

The rooms are very nice. Big comfortable beds and room to move. Highly of the room is that on the bad side is a mini airport, but its really quiet. Breakfast is standard and chances from morning to morning. Constant problems with Wi-Fi..and the excuse is that "we'll get some one on our electrical team take a look at it" (really!?!) And I am not quite sure if there is something wrongs with the rooms but when you walk in and find a dehumidifier running in the room, its not good.

Overall, its a place to stay and there are constant teenagers running in and out of the place since its right next to FAU. Consider other options if there are any.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear FavoriteVlogger,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues with the WIFI, we are currently in the middle of an internet upgrade throughout the entire hotel. I'm glad that you found the room very clean and comfortable. To ease any concerns, we have recently renovated all of our rooms and there are dehumidifiers in all of them due to the humidity in South Florida.
I'm sorry if you felt the staff, aside from the front desk, to be almost cold, definitely not our intention as we take pride in giving the best customer service possible in hopes that each and every guest has an enjoyable stay. I would also like to apologize if you were inconvenienced by some of our younger guests. Our usual clientele consists of business travelers but due to the holiday week and summer months we also host families on vacation.
Thank you again for your review and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.