“didnt like service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent7 days there since day one every day had to get new keys for room locks dont work, repeatedly asked for gm never spoke to that person once, bugs what looked like nats crawling on dresser ( another guest complained too ) was told one price and charged a good $400.00 over still no gm called or spoke with me , creepy guy hangs around hotel and stares at people no one does anything bout that either , still have more but why bother gm is never available will also put on trip adviser

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank teresa c
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear teresa c,
I’d like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to express your comments and concerns and to also sincerely apologizing for the experience you had while staying with us. It is very concerning to me that you felt the service level was not up to your standards. Our service level has been consistently above brand average. The GM is always available 24/7 and we apologize for somehow letting your concerns slip through the cracks. It is definitely not our intention. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally and address these issues. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Except for superior choices on breakfast buffet and very friendly staff, this Fairfield is well below chain standards. Room including bath is unusually small with worn furniture/carpet. Needs to be upgraded. Also, location is awkward to get in and out of. Have paid less to stay in many better choices in Boca.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any refurbished rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dmcnslt
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear dmcnslt,
WOW! Thank you for your kind words about our very friendly staff and superior choices for breakfast! I cannot apologize enough for the worn furniture/carpet in your room. I do hope you take comfort in knowing that we are currently going through a full renovation on all of our rooms/suites. Carpet and furniture, among other things, are being replaced.
Thank you again and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Friendly front desk. Rooms are overdue for remodeling, but no one is going the extra mile to make sure scratched woodwork gets some scratch remover and that wall splatters are cleaned in the bathroom. Carpet was clean, although stained. Place was disappointing and I doubt we'd return. Did notice some sugar ants so they need some bug control too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank initfrfn

Dear initfrfn,
Thank you very much in commenting about our friendly staff! I appreciate you taking the time to write your review as it is helpful to us to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience while staying with us. We are currently going through a full renovation on all of our guest rooms/suites. The renovation includes new carpets, drapes, furniture, fixtures, etc. I sincerely apologize for the scratched woodwork, wall splatters, and the sugar ants. Thank you so much for letting us know about these issues. I will be addressing them immediately!
I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. We are very excited about our rooms make over and would like the chance to show you how beautiful they are once completed.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Needs new carpet in rooms. Very basic rooms. Decent breakfast. Has lcd tv. Service was fine. Across from hwy so can hear the cars wiz by. Would look for another place. Not too much in immediate vicinity.......................

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear memargolis,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate each and every comment. I hope that you will take comfort in the fact that we are currently going through a full renovation on all of our guest rooms/suites. The renovation includes new carpets, drapes, furniture, fixtures, etc. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you visit Boca Raton and enjoy one of our beautiful renovated rooms. I do sincerely apologize for any noise that was heard from the highway. If you’d like to return, we would be more than happy to give you a room facing our lovely pool area.
Again, thank you and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have never experienced such a terrible hotel experience since I was a student many years ago in Asia This hotel disgraces the Marriott name. The room was very tired and dirty, with stained carpets, and uncleaned filth on the bathroom door frame and light switches in several locations. The air conditioner was noisy, ineffective and flapped the drapes all night. The desk chair was stained. The bed was uncomfortable, with rock like pillows and stained sheets. Worst of all I was awoken at 2.30 by nips of bed bugs, and really could not get any sleep after that as I was itching and scratching.
This hotel should be de-franchised, or closed for major refurbishment. This stay shook my faith in Marriott. Staff were indifferent and unconcerned.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! My room fronted 95 and was noisy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear MauriceAtArawak
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to express your comments and concerns. At this time, I’d like to sincerely apologize for your experience at the hotel. Currently we are undergoing a full renovation on all of our rooms which includes new carpets, furniture, drapery, light fixtures, etc..Our staff wants nothing more than for each and every guest to have a pleasant stay and to feel at home, I deeply apologize if this was not your experience and felt the staff was unconcerned. We pride ourselves in giving the absolute best customer service, it is our number one priority and I’m so sorry you did not see this side of our staff. I do hope that you will give us another chance to restore your faith in us and Marriott.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

One has certain expectations when staying at a Marriott Fairfield, including absolutely clean rooms, helpful staff, and decent breakfasts. If that's why you're considering staying here, don't. The front desk staff was rude (especially Maggie), our room was shabby with a filthy ceiling vent in the bathroom, and at breakfast, they were out of coffee, oatmeal, and pastries, 30 minutes after they opened. A complaint brought cold, instant oatmeal, and, eventually, coffee. But management couldn't care less--or I should say the manager of the day, Maggie, simply stared at us when we told her. Not the kind of service the Marriott brand built their success on.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bentman60
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Bentman60,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to write a review about our property. I am deeply saddened to read your feedback and comments about your stay. It is extremely out of the norm to hear that the staff and manger was rude. To be honest this is the first time I have heard this about any of our staff members at the property. I do apologize if they came off rude or you felt like they couldn’t care less about you. That is the opposite of what we are all about. Each staff member and manager wants to make sure you are taken care of while you are with us. Service is our number 1 priority at the hotel and it has been since the first day we opened our doors and it will continue to be our number one priority forever. So I deeply apologize if you did not see this side of the staff.
I would love for you to come back to the hotel, because I can promise you that all of our staff members are ready to provide everyone the ultimate top notch customer service. Not only will you get superior service, but you will also notice we have completed updates. We are currently under renovation as we speak. We are doing one floor at a time. You probably did not notice this because you were not in a completed room. The full room renovation will be completed within 4-6 weeks. So please give us a second chance because I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with our property. Again, really appreciate your business and review and we would love to have you try us again.

Regards,
Kaitlyn Reim-Wentworth Regional Director of Sales

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel whilst on a tour of Florida, we had only intended to stay one night but it was so pleasant and conveniently located that we extended our stay! The staff on the front desk were absolutely lovely and so helpful, they took time to give us information about the area such as good restaurants, beach access etc. We were actually given a printed list of the local restaurants with directions including info on the hotel staff's favourite places and their recommended dishes!
The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The hotel has a nice heated pool which was quiet all the time we were there - except that is for when planes were taking off right next to the property! This is something not all guests would appreciate but we loved being so close to the small airport and watching the private jets, once inside the hotel we did not hear any noise from the airport.
The complimentary breakfast buffet was great for us, we loved the granola! It was really easy to get to the lovely beach from the hotel and if you go reasonably early in the morning you can usually get parked on the road. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear 141CathB
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a great time that you extended your stay with us and that you found our staff to be very helpful. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well. Besides the waffles, the granola is my favorite! We look forward to your next visit.