All reviewssmall airporttilted kiltfront desksenior ratewhole foodsexecutive airportthe breakfast areaflorida atlantic universityyogurtfree breakfastwaffle makermarriott standardshot tubstayed one nightclean hoteleach morningthe entire staff
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Yes, I just gave this Fairfield a 5 star rating. Let me explain why. My aunt was rushed to Boca hospital and I needed some last minute rooms for our family. I called around to other (higher-end) Marriott hotels to see if any of them could offer a good rate. After speaking to some very unhelpful people at an emotionally stressful time I called the Fairfield and got a gem of an employee, Mike. He offered a wonderful rate for the 2 rooms I needed that night and continued to offer that rate as more family came to town. I believe we ended up booking 8 -10 rooms all because of friendly service and the willingness to offer a discount.

I ended up staying at the Fairfield for a week, in 2 different rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The second room had a Dehumidifier to help with the humidity, a common problem in Florida. While I did get tired of the same old breakfast options after a couple days the lady who took care of the breakfast area was more than helpful. My entire family was very pleased with their rooms and the rate provided to our group.

Here is the kicker. A few days after checking out of the hotel I realized I must have left a brand new white skirt on the bed, also white. I called the hotel and again got Mike who searched but could not find my skirt. I was disappointed but well aware that items left at hotels hardly ever get put into lost and found. Mike called me back momentarily after speaking with the housekeeping staff and it turns out my white skirt did indeed get wrapped up with the sheets, laundered, and put in lost and found not associated with a room number because they didn't know what room it came from! Bravo housekeeping!!

I never told the hotel that I'm a travel agent. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and often at much nicer hotels. All the way around this hotel met and even exceeded expectations. The quality was proportionate to the value provided. I never met the manager but they run a great property with wonderful staff.
Kristi

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kpcloud9
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Kristi,
Thank you very much for taking this time to write this review. Thank you for referring your family to us during this stressful and hard time you were all enduring. We appreciate your business and support. Mike is an asset to our hotel. We are glad he was able to go provide you exceptional service. We have printed this review to share with all of the team members (breakfast and housekeeping) as everyone works so hard to provide top notch service to all of our guests.
We are thrilled that the entire staff was able to go above and beyond for your family. Service is extremely important to us and we are ecstatic that we were able to make this time a little easier for your family. Thank you again for your business, support, and review. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Overnite for business, perfect location just off interstate , no street noise, very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Nice outdoor pool area. Lobby Decor fun and comfortable. Only complaint was a mildewy smell from wall unit air conditioner that went away when colder air turned on.great price for value, and staff made it even better.

• Stayed: April 2012
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Greetings Jcmcmd,
I hope all is well with you. Thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing our property while you were on business in the area. I am so excited that you found our location to be perfect and the staff to be friendly and helpful. We have updated our entire lobby and we are thrilled that you found it fun and comfortable. Our breakfast has a little something for everyone and I am glad you had time to enjoy it. The pool is a perfect place to relax after a long day at work. I do apologize about the mild smell in your room. Our Chief Engineer is in the process of refreshing all of the units. Next time you are in the area please stop in. We enjoyed having you stay with us before and we would love to have you back again. Thanks for your business and review.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Staff were very pleasant and helpful at check-in and check-out. Location was perfect for my business meeting. Unfortunately, the room was clearly dated and had a musty smell. The bed was not as comfortable as I have experienced with other Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Hello Pebbles079,
Thank you for your review and for your business. I am happy to hear that our staff was very accommodating for you and our location was perfect for your business meeting. We try to go above and beyond for all of our guests to make sure they have a pleasurable stay. I apologize that you found the rooms out dated. We are in the planning process for our renovation. Please let us know the next time you are in the area because we would love to have you try us again.
Thanks for the review and your business.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hotel is on the older side but a very large lobby. Unfortunately, the room's old wall unit type air conditioner never effectively cooled the room which remained quite warm even though the outside temperatures were in the 70's to 80's. To top it off, the air condioner blared the fan air 8 inches from the bed. Awful all night long. In addition, the room had a standing dehumidifier which we had to turn off since at the low speed was horribly loud. Combining the loud dehumidifier with the air conditioner was just awful and we couldn't take it. The hotel really needs to get new air conditioners controlled by a thermostat. Pool was heated, decent size and a fountain in the pool area was very nice. Whirlpool on the other hand, though hot had little to no whirl and was quite old. Excercise room was useless with only 2 pieces of equipment. Breakfast was just a typical Fairfield, nothing special, but the hotel had tea and coffee 24 hours in the lobby. Elevators, at least one was clunky having trouble opening and closing the door and wireless internet was not only difficult to use, the lobby really didn't help identifying which service to use and when we did use it, the reception was horrible and we were in the middle of the third floor. I wouldn't stay here again unless they improve the air conditioner since the room was just not comfortable. Too top off the stay, no one was in the lobby at the front desk to return the keys and check out between 6:30 and 6:40 AM. Don't some people check-out that early? We did and no one was around. Best thing was the pool, nice and warm and clean and large enough to actually swim.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here until they replace the clunky old wall unit air conditioners which were only 8 inches from the bed and really never effectively cooled the room. I had the drape hitting me all night long and noise from the air condioner and the separate dehumidifer was way too loud!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Emsiess,
Thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are in the process of planning our updates to our facility. We hope that you will join us again real soon to see the updates. I do apologize the front desk associate was not at the desk when you were checking out. They were assisting another guest and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you will give us a try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here with my mum for four nights in March 2012. The hotel was fine, very nice & helpful staff, room clean, big enough for 2 pax, comfy beds, flatscreen TV, free wi-fi in the whole building. Breakfast was ok, not too wide of choices, but enough to start a day. The pool & whirlpool were heated, free sunbeds. If you have a car, everything is relatively near.

What I really didn´t like, was the toooo cold aircon in the whole building and we couldn´t open windows for "safety reasons" :-(

There´s a noisy highway in front of the hotel. If you are a light sleeper like me, ask for the pool view room.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, ask for the pool view room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beata N
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Greetings Bea,
Thank you very much for your review and business. The entire staff here at the property is thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We are so happy that you found our accommodations we comfortable and that the staff was able to assist you with anything you need. We hope you come back really soon. Thanks again.