“Superb, Family-Style Italian Dining”

Matteo's of Boca Raton
Reserve with OpenTable
Matteo's of Boca Raton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Huge plates of whatever you order. You can order half plates, a good idea if you are just a couple and want some variety of dishes. A lot of fun with a big party, but good service regardless, reasonable prices.

1  Thank Mark W

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have lived in Boca for 13 years & never been to Matteo's (although all our friends love it). We had a party of 9 (brought new Boca residents to dinner). The food is OK, nothing spectacular, although the caeser salad dressing is great. My son ordered filet mignon, they didn't have any. They said they had a nice ny strip. When it came, my son, the steak connoisseur, said "I can't eat this, its gross". I tried it & it tasted OLD. We called the waiter over, he then called a boss over. They asked what else he wanted, being a teenager, he said "nothing, thanks". When the bill came, not only did they charge both steaks at the filet mignon price, but they actually charged us for my son's not eaten gross steak. We called the waiter over who again called a boss over & the response was "we never take anything off the bill". After some words from my husband, they took $15 off. We will never go to, or recommend Matteo's. They made a very looked forward to evening quite uncomfortable.

2  Thank Lidia R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend has been telling us to go to Mateo's in Boca for years. Finally, this past Friday we joined him. We let him do the ordering and he got the Linguini with clam sauce he has been raving about for years and Shrimp parmegan for all. You know how after hearing people rave about something you get there and it disappoints? My wife and I joked about how we would probably be disappointed. We were not. Delicious food. Friendly, helpful staff. Pleasant atmosphere. We are looking forward to going again and ordering our own favorites this time. :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good food and plenty of it. Go with friends to share. Even then you'll end up taking a doggy bag home.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there for a 90th birthday party. The food was excellent and so was the service. We were steered in the right direction when I had to order for 15 people. I would recommend this place. My one problem was that it was very loud. Go for the food not the ambiance . Also the food is delivered "family style"