“Dependable good seafood, pleasant decor”
Review of Wave 2700 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Glades & Yamato - North of 5th Ave Shops
Transit: Via City Bus - we"re right on Federal Highway just north of 20th Street
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Have dined here several times. Prices are what you would expect for good seafood. Service is dependable. Good ambiance, although somewhat noisy. They are seldom able to seat you at the time of your reservation, so be prepared to stand for a while.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Some restaurants just make me scratch my head. I had a Maine lobster for $31 on a 3 course weeknight offer. The appetizer I chose was a tasty, but glue-thick ceasar salad with chopped instead of leaf lettuce. The lobster was a 2+ pound wonder of flavor served wtih a partial corn ear and small potatoes. So far, we went from mediocre to devine. And then all the way to Huh? Desert was a tiny "key lime" pie served in its aluminum baking tin on white china drizzled with red stuff. Almost comical. Others in the party had nicely prepped fish. Service was pleasant but very choppy. Had to ask for everything, sometimes more than once: dish removal, water refills. My desert arrived unbidden before the entree dishes were cleared, let alone before other diners chose desert. All in all, a confused experience where the ingredients seemed above average, but the overall experience was unmanaged to an equal standard.

1  Thank Handyman301
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This restaurant is owned by the owners of Snappers in Boynton Beach. Much of menu is the same. I had the seafood risoto and it was only fair. It contaied three small to medium shrimp that were overcooked. A glass of wine was $12, but, others were $7. The hostesses were terrible. When we arrived, we gave them the names of our friends who made the reservations. We were told there were no reservations, but, they could seat us. This alone raised my eyebrows, that you could get a seat right away at a restaurant in Boca Raton in the highest point of the season without a reservation. A few minutes after they seated us, the hostess came over and grabbed the menus and then said our party had already arrived and were seated.

The waiter was contantly rushing us. I had to ask him about specials. He told us, but forget to tell us about stone crab claws which I would hav ordered. He came over and asked us about desert and coffee while we were still eating our dinner. We had to ask him to clear off the table as our plates were empty and we neeed more room. He said it was the busboys job, but after he saw the look I gave him, he cleaned it off.

You can get equal food for less elsewhere and better food for the same money.

The place is a good standby if you need a place to go at the last minute and cannot get reservations elsewhere.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were there last night and loved it. So many many great items on the menu. Will tell all my vegan friends about it as they have vegan choices too.
Will go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

When "Snappers" from Boynton Beach opened in Boca as Wave 2700, we were thrilled. Basically the same menu, lots of great seafood, including salad and sides at great prices. So what happened? Well, first the prices went up a few dollars, but you could still get all kinds of shrimp, fish served in great ways like planked, covered in nuts and great sauces, etc. But alas, now the portions have become smaller. Shrimp lovers still get great taste, but less shrimp. Fish portions are smaller. It's still better than many other local places, but not like it once was. Raise the prices if you must, but bring back the glory days of good sized portions.