“Still very good!!!”

Cross street: 1/2 mile North Of Yamato Road
Park Ridge
“Still very good!!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

First and foremost, let me state that every restaurant has it's good days, and, it's bad days. You can't be perfect each and every time. Last night, four of us ate here. The food was absolutely delicious, and, perfectly prepared. Our waiter was ok, but, a bit slow. We had to ask for spoons to twirl the pasta dishes. We asked for grated cheese and he brought it to the table and did not offer to put it on the food, as is done in most upscale restaurants. Yes, it was a bit noisy, but that is because each and every table was full. My only other drip was we ordered two stuffed artichokes and then were told they only had one. I had ordered the caesar salad, but the waiter came back and suggested that I not get it because he had a complaint earlier that it was to "lemony." This tells me it is not individually made to order.

In today's environment quality food is expensive. Dinner for four, with four drinks came to $167 with tax, and, no coffee or desert. But, the portions were very large, and, I am a big eater. Renzo's still blows away every other italian restaurant in the area when it comes to the quality of the food.

Also, they have valet parking, and, something else I found very comforting. A little over a year ago, there was a shooting and murder at Josephine's restaurant, a couple of blocks away. Renzo's had a uniformed off duty police officer standing out front the entire evening. Because of what happened at Josephine's, he wants his customers to feel safe. When I ate at Josephine's last week, they did not have this. But, I don't care because I always pack my Springfield Armory 45 when I go out.

• Visited March 2014

Boca Raton, Florida
“More of a Hit than a Miss lately”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Been going to Renzo's for 20 years. It had a rough patch a few years ago, but it seems to have straightened itself out. Went there on Christmas Eve with a group of 7 with very low expectations due to it being a holiday. But the service was good, the food was very good, and we had a lovely evening. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Started with a few appetizers of stuffed artichoke, smelts, and roasted cauliflower. All were delicious. Main courses were all very good. For a holiday evening, we were pleasantly surprised.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank mmb198
Miami, Florida
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Found the restaurant at Yelp and we gave it a try since the reviews were good. The place is in a not-so-nice shopping center so we were not sure at first. But the staff was very nice and the food was delicious. We went with my Italian Mother-in-law and she approved, so the restaurant is great!

Visited December 2013
Holbrook, New York
“Renzo"s”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Ate there last night with family. I've eaten here in the past. The restaurant was noisy but not overly so. Wait staff was on the slow side. The food was above average but definitely didn't
warrant the prices charged. This place was mucho expensive for a neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clasic Italian”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Renzo is always there to greet you. Excellent service and atmosphere. Great veal francize and shrimp dishes. Ask for the room with the piano player. There food is always consistent

Visited December 2013