“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern

Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Sushi, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Federal Hwy @ NE 2nd St, one block North of Palmetto in Mizner Park
Description: RACKS takes the great American restaurant into the 21st century. Fresh,approachable, American food, in a contemporary, over-the-top, out-of-this-world setting. Beginning with a synergistic bar, and adding top-notch five-star service on the floor, RACKS leaves no stone unturned. Freshness abounds everywhere at RACKS, from locally grown produce, to the sustainable seafood in the kitchen.
Boca Raton, FL United States
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Interesting and diverse menu, the service is always excellent service and the meals are very well prepared meals. While everything we every ordered has been delicious, they prepare some of the best soups anywhere and the desserts are worth the added calories.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Cool is what I will call this place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Interesting and cool...Do people still use the word cool? Let's start out by talking a little about the decor. Very unique and interesting. I knew from the moment that I walked in and looked around that I was in for something a little different and let me tell you, that is exactly what I got all in a great way! I love a place that can put a new twist to a good meal. The menu was simple but yet offered so much varity. You can have a high quality burger or brick oven pizza if you are feeling like a simple meal. You can have an excellent steak or sea food dish and all of it was served with excellent service followed up with excellent food. Everything everyone had (there were 7 of us) loved their meal. If I was going to have one negative about the place, it would be that the menu should have a few more options but they had daily specials that were slightly different than the menu and that added more varity. I don't think anyone would be disapointed with the food. We will go back again and again. I cannot finish without saying how great our server was....just wonderful! My Mother had the ribs, two of us had crab cakes, my Aunt had a pork chop/onion soup, my daughter had roasted chicken, husband had steak, son had chicken fingers and fries and all were a thumbs up.

1 Thank Loveagoodmeal
Fort lauderdale
“Very Good restaurant in Mizner Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very good food, outdoor eating in Mizner Park in Boca! Brunch, Lunch and dinner-------good salads, big portions and terrific pretzel rolls with mustard!

Fredonia, Kentucky
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Showed up on a Tuesday night around 9:30 P.M. Naturally, Tuesday night in Boca out of season makes for a very quiet affair. The server, Brian, was taking care of the few tables that were sitting down, and I'm sure we were all impressed by his ability to stay on his toes and enhance the guest experience with his friendliness and professionalism.
I had ordered both kinds of fish tacos, the onion soup, and the Imperial Chicken salad for me and my date. Portions, quality, and taste were all right on the money. Its been awhile since I enjoyed a dinner outing so much.
I also really enjoy the ambiance outside. Whether sitting at the bar or at a table, the place is just so charming and quaint its impossible to be uncomfortable.
I look forward to returning in the near future for the happy hour.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Location, Should have are Returned to Max's Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The restaurant was not full but they choose to seat us outside at the last table in the back of the restaurant on a humid evening. The staff seemed to be disconnected and not engaged. My son ordered a steak and they brought me a large steak knife and thats how it was all evening. The servers were not sure who they took the order from...odd.

My wife and I split a large salad as our salad course. The server brought out one large plate. Would have been nice split but they choose to bring as one. Clearly not knowing that their location and prices should come with a higher level of service.

I ordered chicken with gnocchi and vegetables. Asked specifically about the gnocchi and was told it was a cheese not potato gnocchi. When served it was a quarter chicken grilled, peas, carrots, onions and 3 pieces of gnocchi. Why both. I asked the server where the gnocchi was and he told me that the dish comes with 3 to 5 bite sized pieces.

The others seemed to enjoy their meals, our friends that are local said they enjoyed their meals and then followed up the sentence with we should have gone to the restaurant next door - Max's Grill. I have to agree...I have had better meals at Max's.

• Visited September 2012