“Very Good restaurant in Mizner Park”

Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Racks Downtown Eatery + Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Federal Hwy @ NE 2nd St, one block North of Palmetto in Mizner Park
Description: Happy Hour: Daily (4-7) 50% off all liquor & wines by the glass, all draft beers $4 at the bar and happy hour food menu. Wine Down Monday's: (open-close) 50% off all bottles of wine & champagne. Tuesday's Double Points for all GR Loyalty Members open - close Wednesday's Martini Madness $10 open - close Thursday's Happy Hour open - 7pm + LADIES NIGHT! RACKS takes the great American restaurant into the 21st century. Fresh, approachable, American food, in a contemporary, over-the-top, out-of-this-world setting. Beginning with a synergistic bar, and adding top-notch five-star service on the floor, RACKS leaves no stone unturned. Freshness abounds everywhere at RACKS, from locally grown produce, to the sustainable seafood in the kitchen.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very good food, outdoor eating in Mizner Park in Boca! Brunch, Lunch and dinner-------good salads, big portions and terrific pretzel rolls with mustard!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Showed up on a Tuesday night around 9:30 P.M. Naturally, Tuesday night in Boca out of season makes for a very quiet affair. The server, Brian, was taking care of the few tables that were sitting down, and I'm sure we were all impressed by his ability to stay on his toes and enhance the guest experience with his friendliness and professionalism.
I had ordered both kinds of fish tacos, the onion soup, and the Imperial Chicken salad for me and my date. Portions, quality, and taste were all right on the money. Its been awhile since I enjoyed a dinner outing so much.
I also really enjoy the ambiance outside. Whether sitting at the bar or at a table, the place is just so charming and quaint its impossible to be uncomfortable.
I look forward to returning in the near future for the happy hour.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The restaurant was not full but they choose to seat us outside at the last table in the back of the restaurant on a humid evening. The staff seemed to be disconnected and not engaged. My son ordered a steak and they brought me a large steak knife and thats how it was all evening. The servers were not sure who they took the order from...odd.

My wife and I split a large salad as our salad course. The server brought out one large plate. Would have been nice split but they choose to bring as one. Clearly not knowing that their location and prices should come with a higher level of service.

I ordered chicken with gnocchi and vegetables. Asked specifically about the gnocchi and was told it was a cheese not potato gnocchi. When served it was a quarter chicken grilled, peas, carrots, onions and 3 pieces of gnocchi. Why both. I asked the server where the gnocchi was and he told me that the dish comes with 3 to 5 bite sized pieces.

The others seemed to enjoy their meals, our friends that are local said they enjoyed their meals and then followed up the sentence with we should have gone to the restaurant next door - Max's Grill. I have to agree...I have had better meals at Max's.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stumbled on Racks while looking for the restaurant that used to be there! I'm glad we stayed. Whereas it is very pricey (so prepare yourself) the food was excellent. The drinks are very unique, making it difficult to decide what to try. All were delish! The food was very upscale and eclectic. Everything was absolutely delicious with generous portions. The service was top notch. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful making choices and very attentive even tho the place was packed. The ambiance was gorgeous - the place looks like it just came out of a magazine or should be in New York or Paris. GORGEOUS. So for a wonderfully special night out - don't miss Racks. Just bring an open credit card!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My two favorite restaurants in Boca are Racks and Table 42 . . . and wouldn't you know it, same ownership!

This is the more upscale of the two places, but not overly stuffy. Great food - try the pizzas for sure, and I'm a big fan of the meatloaf. They also have really good burgers (as does Table 42).

Best part: the inside/outside bar. You can sit outside, and soak up the sights and sounds of Mizner Park, yet still gaze into the nice interior of the restaurant where you can see the cookstaff hard at work. Plus, you still feel the a/c!

If you are a northerner visiting Boca for a few days, and looking for a cool place with good food to check out, you can't go wrong with Rack's.