“Best Mexican in South Florida, Really!”

Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Best Mexican in South Florida, Really!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

First of all, as I always start out: I only give 5-stars to the truly top restaurants in the world. There are less than 10.

I give Rocco's Tacos a 4 as that's the best you can get for most restaurants.

Don't bother going to any other "Mexican" (this is not Cuban) restaurant around.

We were actually headed for Uncle Thai's Chinese restaurant on a Sunday noon. Uncle Thai's was closed, so we thought we'd finally try out Rocco's Tacos. What a mistake we've made to wait so long.

Great Mexican ambiance (maybe the machine guns were a little much) huge bar with an amazing selection of Tequila, very nice Mexican vibe. The staff were great. The service was great despite the fact that on a very hot, off-season Sunday when only the locals are in town (if they are not up north on vacation) every seat was taken.

The bottom line is tacos are take up the same amount of room on the menu of any other Mexican restaurant. They have all the enchiladas, burritos, fish, steak, EVERYTHING. However; the quality of the ingredients is absolutely the best. No yellow cheese here. Real Mexican cotija cheese. We had chicken quesadillas which tasted like a fantastic, grilled cheese sandwich with chicken. I had the pulled-chicken enchilada. Wow, just the right amount of sauce, cheese, refried beans and some of the best Mexican rice I've ever had. My wife had the (no word of lie) chicken burrito I've ever had. It was huge and absolutely delicious.

They have drink specials that I've never seen. Can you imagine all-you-can-drink margaritas for $12??? That's one drink at many quality restaurants down here. Make sure you have your designated driver along. Perhaps a stretcher.

We are true foodies. I cook all the meals in our home and they are fresh and made from the best ingredients. I can work for a year to get a recipe just right. So, believe me when I say that this is the BEST MEXICAN in SOFLA!

Don't walk, run to this place.

• Visited July 2014

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Nothing wrong with this place ... however nothing special either”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I lived in Southern California for many years and I can't make excuses for average Mexican food. So Cal has lots and lots of really good Mexican restaurants that are VERY reasonably priced (you might even say inexpensive!) that have fresher and more interesting Mexican fare than Rocco's Tacos. I tried RT's based on a recommendation from a friend who has lived here in So FL for awhile ... all I can say is travel to So Cal and try any of the family-owned Mexican restaurants there and you will be forever changed in how you rate Mexican restaurants! I thought the food here was very average and priced very high considering the quality and the service could use a good talking to! While nothing here was "bad", I can't recommend Rocco's Tacos but I can recommend the owners and the chefs here take a trip to San Diego and take notes!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank John G
Toronto, Ontario
“Great margaritas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Perfect location as it was just a few steps from the back door of our hotel (Marriott at Boca Center). For a Tuesday night, the wait for a table was long (45 minutes), but we found a place at the bar within about 10 minutes instead. The margaritas were great but the tacos were mediocre. Fun night regardless.

Visited June 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Every time I stay at the Marriott at Boca Center I eat here. Great, fresh guacamole made tableside. GREAT ceviche. Great shrimp tacos. Nice atmosphere, especially at the outside bar. Everything always tastes really fresh and wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
“Very good tasty Mexican ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Very good taco restaurant. We went to celebrate our daughters college graduation. Busy place so glad we made a reservation prior to arriving. We all had different tacos and they were all very good. We ordered the table side guacamole and chips am a salsa. Both excellent taste. The plantains are really good with sour cream. Margaritas were tasty my husband could not stop drinking them. The coconut mojito was really tasty. I ordered taco salad since I am following a low carb diet. Excellent choice. The chimichanga was also really good. I guess everything was excellent Lots of food all very good. We will definitely go again.