“Yummy Thai”
Review of Chow Thai

Chow Thai
Ranked #64 of 863 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My daughter and I tried this restaurant during FAU move-in for the fall. It is a bit far from the campus, but that was ok since it meant less crowds. The food was very good. We had the dinner specials, Chicken Red Curry for my daughter and Chicken with Spicy Sauce for myself. Our meals where nicely flavored and had plenty of vegetables in them. We will definitely dine here again!

1  Thank trish149

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I sought out this restaurant, in a shopping center, because of the rave reviews. We came for lunch. What a neat ambiance. Lots of dark wood. A small, burbling water fountain near the entrance. Mirrors and decorations on the walls. Background Thai music.

We ordered from the Lunch Specials menu. My wife went for the Pad Thai. I opted for the Cashew Nuts entrée. We both decided on chicken as the meat portion of our dishes. Our waitress, cordial and reserved, took our order without writing anything down. And she got everything right.

First out of the kitchen was our soups, which was part of the lunch special. This day that soup was chicken noodle. It was most flavorful. Next came our entrées, presented in platters. The food had great eye appeal and looked so inviting. Along with the entrées were small salads and chunks of pineapple in the platters. We savored our delicious food in a most relaxing and pleasant ambiance. And the cost was a mere $8.95 per entrée, a real bargain.

We'll be back! My rating is actually a 4 1/2.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed August 9, 2014

It's always good to try a new thai restaurant.

In this particular one the offer lunch special with different choices.

Curries are our favorites, and we recommend them.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food, atmosphere and friendly service. Nice filling Lunch menu too ranging up to $10.95. Very comfortable and quiet place.

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Consistently good Thai. Almost a secret, slightly out of the way in Sandalfoot Plaza off of 441 near Western Beef. Over the years, we have kept coming back, always amazed at how good Chow Thai is, and how empty. Its location is out of the way for most of Boca, not good for the restaurant, but great for patrons. Always excellent featured selections, excellent service, good prices. The best deal is the Early Bird, before 6:30 PM, with soup, appetizer, dessert, and tea, on top of a slightly reduced price main dish. We enjoyed the Pad Thai and the Siamese duck - one of their specialties, not on the Early Bird. Will close for month of July 2014, re-opens August 3, while the family re-unites in Bangkok. That's the point, Chow Thai is a family-run, totally focused, very, very good Thai. Terrific dining spot.

1  Thank Mark W