“Fabulous Thai Food at Reasonable Prices”
Review of Chow Thai

Chow Thai
Ranked #66 of 863 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had the honior of visiting and dining at Chow Thai with my granddaughter who is picky. The owner and kitchen went out of their way to accommodate her. Everyone else comments on the
entrees but you MUST try the desserts expecially the Sweet Black Rice with Pumpkin Custard. It's just to die for!!!!!!

2  Thank evefrSI

Reviewed April 10, 2013

While the staff was very pleasant and apologetic for the long wait (for our food, not a table), the food did not make us want to rush back. The Special Chicken and Cashews was quite good, but the soft shell crabs, which I hadn't had in forever and was really looking forward to, were disappointing and very fishy tasting. Meals are served with way too much very plain brown rice. Lots of options in this area, so would not visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This simple Thai restaurant in a non-descript mall off of US 441, west of I-95, serves delicious food at very reasonable prices. We had the nutty chicken and duck, both great. Service was a little slow.

1  Thank BostonHistorybuff
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service: The waitresses were fantastic. They were very attentive to our table, but not intrusive, and very polite. At the end of our meal, the restaurant owner/chef visited our table to see that we had enjoyed our time. She was very pleasant to talk to!

Food: Absolutely delicious. My friend and I both enjoyed our appetizer and meals. The Thai tea was great, too! Attention to detail is definitely something seen at this restaurant.

Value: Extremely well priced. My dinner (Pineapple Curry) was something like $12 and my friend's dinner was maybe something like $15. For the quality of the dishes, I would have paid more! The leftovers gave us a filling lunch, too.

Atmosphere: Authentic. This isn't a dime-a-dozen Asian restaurant, you can tell they put some thought and work into the decorations. They even have some things on-sale. I think this could be a great date night restaurant, as well as good for friends and a fancy place for families.

1  Thank ShannanigansW
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Chow Thai is fantastic. Tonight I had the Massaman Curry with duck; amazing. Also had the TomYum soup with seafood, delicious; not too hot, just spicy enough so you don't miss the flavor of the seafood and broth.

The Massaman Curry is a famous dish from southernThailand. It's a curry of onion, potato, and cashew nuts in a medium spicy sauce. Like I do with all Artie's currys, I drink the sauce like soup when the food is gone. You want to lick the plate.

Order this curry and the Eggplant (sauteed with onions, bell peppers and fresh basil with a chili sauce) Get this and split it with your date. What a combo!

I've had the Panang Curry which they say is a famous Bangkok style curry with coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, bell pepper and sweet peas. It is truly delicious.

Tell Artie Frank sent ya!

1  Thank frankpapandrea