“EVERYTHING THEY SAID IT WAS”
Review of Chow Thai

Chow Thai
Ranked #71 of 828 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been noting for months that this Thai restaurant was rated number one out of 429 restaurants in the area. I figured this was too good to be true and went there with great skepticisim. It is a tiny restaurant in a large strip mall that is not noted for gourmet establishments.
I called them and was delighted that they took reservations, especially during the crowded tourist season here in Florida. Thai restaurants are a dime a dozen in this area, so I wondered how this place could possibly stand out. The service was friendly and efficient from the moment we stepped in. For a mere $13.50 each, we had salad, spring roll, main course, tea and dessert.
The ambiance is charming and the wait staff even more charming. The food was delicious.
Every item we ordered was better than we have tasted this side of Bangkok .

We will definitely return often. I must add that the special dinner we had was good until
6:30 PM, but for a few dollars more and I mean that literally, you may have the same meal at any time.

There are newer reviews for Chow Thai

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as we were passing through Boca. This is one of the highest rated restaurants in town. It was all a great experience, especially the decor and ambience. The spring rolls and sweet potato fries we had were excellent. The garlic chicken as well. We thought that the Pad Thai and Red Curry were average.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of eating at Chow Thai for 5 yrs+. I'm am happy to end another year with this delicious cuisine. I look forward to another year of edible delights:)
I especially enjoy the shrimp Kra Pao!
Happy Eating!

1  Thank Kiding821
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I went on a saturday night for the first time and everything we order was amazing.We order the spring rolls best we ever had.my wife had thetom kha soup that was a curry baste soup and it had the best taste,even the wonton soup was very good.the entrees were great my wife order the katsu and it was a huge piece of breaded chicken that had great flavor and i order the yaku odon with chicken the noodles were great and the flavor on the whole dish was delicious.The restaurant was very cute inside a very nice feel.The garnish on the plate was very cool they made roses and flowers out of the veggies.The staff were very nice and polite,even had the chance to talk to the owner and she was very sweet.everything was great and will be back for sure.BEST THAI FOOD EVER.

1  Thank cprimo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We thought we should try Chow Thai as it has been so favourably reviewed to date.

The meal started very well. We tried Miso seafood soup and Won Ton soup, both of which were excellent.

The Som Tom (papaya) salad was served medium spicy as requested and was pleasingly clean to the palate and quite refreshing.

One of us had a seafood medley and chose a garlic sauce that was light and complemented the dish well. So this was also a success.

However, the Siamese duck was very disappointing. This was almost entirely due to an overs-weet, cloying sauce that was unexpected as there was no clue given about this on the menu. This did not just fail to complement the duck but it overwhelmed it and all for the worse. We suggested this dish might be more successful with a lemongrass and fish sauce dressing. We were surprised to be informed that Chow Thai does not use lemongrass - surely this is a mistake as in any aspiring Thai restaurant, lemongrass ought to be available as it is so tasty, light and subtle.

Given that the service was keen and enthusiastic it is perhaps slightly unfair only to rate Chow Thai as average. But given the odd reaction to the constructive suggestion to improve the sauce for the duck and the poor execution of the dish, as served, there is no justification for any better rating.

We have ignored the atmosphere as it would be unfair to be critical late on a Sunday evening when this is a slow time, particulary compared with a Friday or Saturday evening when "in season" the place is said to be really hopping

1  Thank David G