“Very disappointed...”
Review of City Fish Market

City Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
City Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 828 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: From gracious service to a wide selection of expertly-prepared fresh seafood, City Fish Market is a relaxing retreat. The blue and white décor creates a soothing environment reflecting the beautiful, sparkling lake that the restaurant sits on. City Fish Market serves lunch Monday through Friday and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined there this evening while we are staying at the Hilton next door. We had very high hopes after they advertised their fresh seafood and happy hour deals. We were sadly disappointed. First off they advertise that happy hour deals are 50% off if you sit in the lounge. That is not the case as the regular menu prices and the happy hour menu prices are not 50% off. They are cheaper but none were 50% off. We ended up sitting by the bar and would have much rather had a table by the water had we known the happy hour prices were not that great. When we got there we were not greeted by anyone and sat ourselves. We had to ask for menus. Everyone had a bad attitude and seemed inconvenienced that we were there. We ended up having two severs eventually come over to us neither knowing who's table it was. One seemed annoyed that someone else had just come over. We ordered 4 appetizers to sample. The food quality was decent but not great. I ordered the shrimp cocktail and for $8.95, the happy hour price, I got 3 shrimp total. They were overcooked and not that impressive. Everything else was mediocre and not worth the price. Our bill ended up being $50 for 4 appetizers and 2 drinks at the happy hour price. The service was rude and unorganized. Everyone there had a bad attitude. Overall it was a poor experience and we will not return. That's a shame considering we are part of a wedding party and they could have had a lot of our business. My husband lived in Boca for 25 years and dined there when it was "Pete's". He was very disappointed at how much the quality and service went downhill. For the prices they are asking they should have top notch service.

There are newer reviews for City Fish Market

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I would, if I could, give City Fish Market a 3.75. Overall, a positive dining experience. Good wedge salad. Properly blackened, yet rare, tuna main course. Attentive service. Price is appropriate for where it is located. We sat out on the back covered porch and it was nice & quiet - certainly quieter than inside.
Downside: Am pretty certain that the vodka in my martini was not the brand requested. The side vegetable was pretty much raw.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner at city fish market. I recommend making reservations expecially when the snow birds are here.
I had the crab cakes and they were scrumptious. Also, great raw bar with oysters, stone crab claws, shrimp and clams.
The seafood is fresh, the service ok and the atmosphere very nice. Only negative is the noise level. When the restaurant
Is full it is noisy.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Glades Rd location off Turnpike. Happy Hour menu has over 20 items at 1/2 price & martinis are fab-o. Staff very attentive. Also a fish market.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Shared a Greek salad and gulf shrimp appetizer and I had the flounder caserrole as an entree--all delicious and excellent choices. My companions had the salmon and reported the same. Sat waterside near a window and the noise level seemed much lower than the interior section of the restaurant. The service was excellent. This was a birthday celebration, and the waiter brought a piece of cake with candle, at no charge--nice touch to end this very enjoyable meal. Tablecloths on the tables could have completed the definition of this very good restaurant as 'upscale'.