“Nice atmosphere”
Review of City Fish Market

City Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
City Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 843 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: From gracious service to a wide selection of expertly-prepared fresh seafood, City Fish Market is a relaxing retreat. The blue and white décor creates a soothing environment reflecting the beautiful, sparkling lake that the restaurant sits on. City Fish Market serves lunch Monday through Friday and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Excellent service. Server very attentive. A table next to us seemed to be complaining about everything. Manager came over twice and was very cordial. From my position, I could not understand their problem. Think they were the kind that likes attention.
Food was quite good. I wouldn't order the clam & fish chowder again however. More like potato soup. I'm from Massachusetts so maybe use to really excelleny chowder.
I will return.

1  Thank Albert K

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had a family celebration here recently,& I was very disapointed.We had children and adults,and I think the kids were happy because of the fried food.My lobster tail was supposed to be "flashed fried",it was deep fried.Tasted like fried chicken.Totally ruined lobster.Not at all like its sister restuarant"Chops".Same dish,2 different takes on it.I mentioned it to the waiter,nothing offered,and I couldnt wait since we had small children that were really overtired.To wait for another dish(which wasnt even offered,wasnt an option).One of the children ordered steak medium,it came out so rare he got sick.Most of the other dishes were good,the crab cakes were liked by 3 people,service was good,though really long.I wouldnt go back,mostly because of the lobster dish,and it was pricey,and not to have been offered another dish.My family had a good time,the setting is nice,but there are so many better places to eat in Boca that I will go to other places that care about the quality of the food.The lobster should defintly be taken off the menu,or take all the coating off of it,its not meant to be deep fried

1  Thank lmmBocaRaton
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Friends took me to the City Fish Market for a special birthday dinner. The food was very good, the service OK. HOWEVER, when the check arrived, it DID NOT PROPERLY PRESENT WHAT WE HAD ORDERED. We were assured that the bottom line amount was correct - and indeed, after checking when he got home, my friend who is a CPA, confirmed that the total was correct. But the bill did not indicate the actual meals that were ordered and it was difficult to sort through it - even the server couldn't explain why the bill didn't clearly present the meals that were ordered but reassured us that it was correct. My friend paid the bill, but was left with a sense that we were 'took!' - which wasn't the case at all. THIS IS A SERIOUS SYSTEMS PROBLEM AND CERTAINLY A CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHTMARE.. If the information that was presented on the check is needed by management for their purposes -they should find another way to program the system to obtain the required data - BUT THE CUSTOMER DESERVES A CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BILL! I cannot imagine that others don't carefully check their bills - but shame on them if they don't!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a really beautiful restaurant with top notch service. There is outdoor and indoor seating. Big, beautiful fish are mounted everywhere on the walls - it can become a game trying to identify them - and if you ask, your waiter will find out for you if he doesn't know. The fish is excellent here, and the bread pudding was the best I've had in a restaurant. The only thing it is lacking is the ocean for a view - but it is so pretty you will forgive this one lack.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a discount card to go to this restaurant and as we were in the area we went. WOW what a great place. First class service and food. We had the peppercorn swordfish which I had read about and it was wonderful. The place is beautiful, different levels, valet parking, fish to go if you wish, live music and wonderful service. Next time we will try the three course meal for $35.
Right off the Florida Turnpike at Glades Rd. Don't miss it.