“Veal chop with exotic mushrooms”

Casa D'Angelo - Boca Raton
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo - Boca Raton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Boca Raton, Florida
“Veal chop with exotic mushrooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Still cant get this dish out of my head it was cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of mushrooms. Wine was great and so was the atmosphere. Long wait though so try to make a reservation.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Roadtrip911

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Food,Bad Service,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well for starters do not eat at this restaurant it is by far the poorest quality food and pricey. If it was pricey and good food and service then i would say ok its worth while.
For starters I ordered the Casa D'angelo house salad it was literally one of those chopped salads like you get at the mall foodcourt which i have had and was better then this, just horrible. I order ed the veal pizzaiola and literally came with pasta sauce on it and mushrooms that were soggy and way over cooked. They forgot to bring one of our guests food, they completely forgot,he had ordered the same thing I did, and when they brought his food out it was cooked with fresh small tomatoes that looked way more appetizing then mine. The waiter was a huge jerk with major attitude,who did not clear the dishes, we complained the manager came over and he apologized and removed one of the entrees off the bill. So now the waiter comes over and asks us if we want coffee and dessert as he rambled off the dessert menu staring at the sky, because he was annoyed that we complained about his service and the food. Ii told out guests lets go I will not sit in this restaurant another 5 min to be completely insulted by a waiter who thought he was better than us. I will never eat here again, this restaurant give the impression of fine dining, no way by far the worst place in Boca to eat. I have to agree with the comment the last patron made " they completely ruined our evening" Dont eat here you not have a good experience.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Thoughtful Service with good food and a bit of authentic Italian Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

On a rainy night we arrived and the car valet usher us in one by one under his umbrella in a most thoughtful and sincere manner. Good looking decor- sophisticated. Our waited ( complete with grey handlebar moustache) was a veteran and discreetly professional. The automatic delivery of bruschetta, olives, chunks of pecorino and modest slices of pizza was great with drinks to start. There were many specials to choose from and icehouse carpaccio do matzo- exquisite and a pasta called bucatini with pancetta- all excellent. My only tiny negative was the noise factor. Tables are a bit close and it can be hard to hear even your waiter! I will go back!

Lund, Skåne Län, Sweden
“Do yourself a favor and never go to this terrible place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Do yourself a favor and never go to this terrible place

How do I start? well it is very expensive terrible quality food. This is far the worst Italian restaurant I have been to.

We went without reservation and they kindly offer a table for two. We got a delicious bred and we thought what a nice place. WRONG!

We started with prawns which came out raw, we pointed it out to the waiter, who took them back and after a very long wait, they arrived totally burned, impossible to eat them. They retired the disches without asking why we didn't eat anything. Then they brought the most hideous pasta ever. It was like plastic, it look like it had been reheated several times, the tomates souce was sour. Worst food I have ever seen. We left without eating.

They ruined our evening.

baltimore, md
“Consistently Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

From the initial greeting and sit down, Casa D'Angelo clearly demonstrates that they provide the complete dining experience. As much as their wine list is very good and covers everyone's pricing tolerance, I brought wine from my cellar, gladly paying the $35 corkage fee. I'm always very appreciative when i can bring my own wine. My choice was a 1997 Alle Mura BDM, which was singing! Their provided appetizer plate included bruschetta, delicious olives, parmigiana cheese, and thin focaccia bread baked with a light coating of tomato sauce. The menu is complete and covers any Italian want. There are always many specials offered. We started with Salmon carpaccio with fennel which was sliced expertly and tasted great. We shared a chopped salad which unfrequented, they split in two........always a welcomed and appreciated touch. We each had specials; my wife had black ink pasta with lobster, clams, and shrimp in a fra diablo sauce. I had a grilled veal chop with porcini mushrooms and small potatoes. Both were perfectly prepared, deliciously tasty, and matched up with the Sangiovese graped BDM. The cappuccino was made with care and the pistachio tortufo was just the right finish. Regarding working within budgets, if you're budget is limited, stay with the menu choices as they are an extremely great value for the quality. If it's a special occasion or if you're not a budget, as much as the special entrees pass into the $40-60 mark, I've never been disappointed with them. Our bill with gratuity was $115pp. You can eat easily eat there for $60pp too, and will love it just as much. Casa D'Angelo is an absolute keeper!