“Intimate dining experiece” 4 of 5 bubbles

STaR
Ranked #2 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our concept is totally unique and has stood the test of time. So much so that it is now appropriate that our new Brand for Six Tables a Restaurant is now simply referred to as "STaR". Our concept is premised on a Chef prepared 5 Course prix-fixe Dinner served at just one seating by reservations for all guests only a few nights each week. The Chefs menu offers a variety of signature main plate/entrees made with a blend of classic-contemporary cuisine. The Dinner always begins with an aperitif of blanc de blancs and ends with a digestif of ruby or tawny port. STaR is the perfect setting for any occasion and certainly those special occasions, or simply a night of dining with good friends with style. STaR is also an ideal venue for business groups or your private dinner parties from 10 to 26 people.
Westminster, Maryland
“Intimate dining experiece”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you have a special occassion or just want a quite refined dinner with that special someone then Six tables may be the restaurant to choose. Owner/chef, Johnathan, is quite proud to be here for ten years now. He's grown from six to eight tables. If you are trying to make a special impression on someone(s) you may want to select this prefixed menu dining experience. The atmosphere exudes fine dining of years gone by...you can actually carry on a conversation. Champage greets you prior to Johnathan announcing the choices of the evening. He is aided by two assistants, ours being Debra, paid just the right attention to us are attentive without getting in the way. We especially appreciated the option of bringing our own wine. My husband enjoyed the duck and I the steak dish. We suspect the menu does not change often by reading other reviews...but then you will not likely find yourself dining here often to get tired of the selection. Lobster bisque, ceasar salad, sorbet, your choice of main course, poached pear with a selection of cheeses, and two deserts to share completed a polished evening.

• Visited March 2013

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Nice, but worth the money?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was so looking forward to dinning at this establishment but sadly was a tad disappointed.
The food was wonderful yet very simple.
Here's my problem and why I would not go back. I ended up spending 300.00 ( for two people) with tip for a nice, not exciting, just nice meal. That did include a wonderful wine suggested by the Chef. Still, I don't know that it was worth the cost in my opinion.
This was a gift to my husband for his birthday and he thought the food was wonderful but the atmosphere he thought was beyond dull.
And yes, there are only six tables but there is no privacy. You are plopped in small room with six table in a circle, no romance to this place. No art work that jumps out....just the look of a step up from Shabby Chic decor. I think that the concept is wonderful, but way over priced for the somber feeling of dinning there.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shannon2012
The Villages, Florida
“don't be late”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thats right, this restaurant has just six tables for 24 diners. There is just one seating. Get there late { after 7 pm] and the you will find the door locked. The meal starts with a taste of bubbly. Then the chef fills you in on his background as a cook. Very interesting. For a set price of $65 you get to enjoy a great meal. Wines are very dear, but you can bring your own, $20 corkage. All in all a wonderful experience for that special night out .

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jim p
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic gem in Boca Raton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Intimate, unassuming place in a strip mall in Boca Raton--belies the delicious food, great hospitality, and lovely ambiance of this little gem. The chef/owner Jonathan attends to every detail, and the servers are professional and delightful. I made a party for 30 women, and everyone was delighted. The chateaubriand was first rate, the lobster bisque was the best I have ever tasted (and I live in NYC), the salmon fresh and tasty. It's a perfect place to have dinner with friends, especially when you want to hear what the others are saying! Would recommend it very highly. And you can have dinner right after an afternoon of shopping at beautiful Mizner Plaza! What could be better?

1 Thank EGMDNYC
Florida
“Great Concept, So-So Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was very much looking forward to dining at Six Tables as we have several friends who love the restaurant. I'm afraid it didn't really suit me.

The venue is lovely. It's a small, stylishly decorated room that's been recently refurbished. It's low key, soothing and very attractive and intimate. The lighting is good and it is definitely nice and peaceful with only a capacity for 24 people.

The chef welcomes all and is most charming. The concept is to recreate the feeling of a small dinner party and it meets that objective. The two women servers were gracious and accommodating.

The menu however, is straight out of the 1980's. Lobster bisque, Caesar salad and chateaubriand. There was an alternative soup, a roasted red pepper for the few folks who didn't eat lobster. The bisque was enlivened by a sprinkling of chili pepper but other than that it was a standard soup with heavy cream and pieces of fresh lobster. To me, this is quite unimaginative and ordinary fan. This is followed by Caesar salad of which, I admit, I am not an enormous fan. It was fine, I suppose but quite heavy after a cream soup-a creamy salad.

The citrus-basil sorbet was very pleasant served as an intermezzo.

There were four entrees-roast duck a la orange, rack of lamb, chateaubriand and a salmon trout. My chateaubriand was ungarnished. While the meat was fine, it was cool and I am never a fan of spending a lot of money on great steak as I can obtain that easily almost anywhere. I feel the same way about rack of lamb. This is a personal preference. I love red meat but I would go to a steakhouse or buy my own meat from a premium butcher to eat such simple fare.

My husband is a big duck fan and he said his was good, not exceptional. No one at our table ordered the fish.

Desserts were very nice, two alternatives, one served to each half of the couple. No complaints there but all four of us were too full to eat much.

My taste in fine dining runs to complexity. I am a good cook and if I spend this much money on a meal (about $100pp without wine) I want dishes that someone has labored over and that are more intricate than I would tackle at home. I found this menu very dated and typical of what I encountered decades ago before the food revolution in the US.

It's a lovely place and a lovely evening but there were definitely some "cons" for me.

• 3 of 5 bubbles