“don't be late”

Six Tables a Restaurant (STaR)
Ranked #2 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our concept is totally unique and has stood the test of time. Premised on the Chefs seasonal preparation of a 5 Course prix-fixe dinner for $94 served for at only one seating, with required reservations. The Chefs menu offers you a choice from a variety of creative and signature entrees consisting of classic and contemporary cuisines. The Dinner always begins with an aperitif of blanc de blancs and ends with a digestif of ruby or tawny port, digestif. Star is the perfect setting for any occasion and most certainly all of those special occasions For those looking for civilized, personalized and courteous setting, then a night of dining with good friends awaits you! Star is also an ideal venue for business groups or your private dinner parties as few as a single table for 12 to multiple tables seating up to 26 people.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thats right, this restaurant has just six tables for 24 diners. There is just one seating. Get there late { after 7 pm] and the you will find the door locked. The meal starts with a taste of bubbly. Then the chef fills you in on his background as a cook. Very interesting. For a set price of $65 you get to enjoy a great meal. Wines are very dear, but you can bring your own, $20 corkage. All in all a wonderful experience for that special night out .

1  Thank jim p

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Intimate, unassuming place in a strip mall in Boca Raton--belies the delicious food, great hospitality, and lovely ambiance of this little gem. The chef/owner Jonathan attends to every detail, and the servers are professional and delightful. I made a party for 30 women, and everyone was delighted. The chateaubriand was first rate, the lobster bisque was the best I have ever tasted (and I live in NYC), the salmon fresh and tasty. It's a perfect place to have dinner with friends, especially when you want to hear what the others are saying! Would recommend it very highly. And you can have dinner right after an afternoon of shopping at beautiful Mizner Plaza! What could be better?

1  Thank EGMDNYC
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was very much looking forward to dining at Six Tables as we have several friends who love the restaurant. I'm afraid it didn't really suit me.

The venue is lovely. It's a small, stylishly decorated room that's been recently refurbished. It's low key, soothing and very attractive and intimate. The lighting is good and it is definitely nice and peaceful with only a capacity for 24 people.

The chef welcomes all and is most charming. The concept is to recreate the feeling of a small dinner party and it meets that objective. The two women servers were gracious and accommodating.

The menu however, is straight out of the 1980's. Lobster bisque, Caesar salad and chateaubriand. There was an alternative soup, a roasted red pepper for the few folks who didn't eat lobster. The bisque was enlivened by a sprinkling of chili pepper but other than that it was a standard soup with heavy cream and pieces of fresh lobster. To me, this is quite unimaginative and ordinary fan. This is followed by Caesar salad of which, I admit, I am not an enormous fan. It was fine, I suppose but quite heavy after a cream soup-a creamy salad.

The citrus-basil sorbet was very pleasant served as an intermezzo.

There were four entrees-roast duck a la orange, rack of lamb, chateaubriand and a salmon trout. My chateaubriand was ungarnished. While the meat was fine, it was cool and I am never a fan of spending a lot of money on great steak as I can obtain that easily almost anywhere. I feel the same way about rack of lamb. This is a personal preference. I love red meat but I would go to a steakhouse or buy my own meat from a premium butcher to eat such simple fare.

My husband is a big duck fan and he said his was good, not exceptional. No one at our table ordered the fish.

Desserts were very nice, two alternatives, one served to each half of the couple. No complaints there but all four of us were too full to eat much.

My taste in fine dining runs to complexity. I am a good cook and if I spend this much money on a meal (about $100pp without wine) I want dishes that someone has labored over and that are more intricate than I would tackle at home. I found this menu very dated and typical of what I encountered decades ago before the food revolution in the US.

It's a lovely place and a lovely evening but there were definitely some "cons" for me.

4  Thank Abra39
Reviewed January 23, 2013

By definition a small and cozy ambiance. Chef Jonathan provided a warm greeting, a glass of bubbly and 2 charming servers. Two and a half hours of superb food, attention and a thoroughly honed dining experience.
The bees were missing from two of the the LaGuiole knives. A small detail but deserving of correction. Will definitely be back to celebrate a special event.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Unprepossessing from the outside but nice inside. Full the night we were there but one chef still managed to get all of food out in good time. Lobster bisque delicious, salad nice but unremarkable, sorbet tiny but flavorful. Main courses with 5 choices; we had 2(osso bucco and duck) both of which were very tasty. Desserts also good. Nice touch to give a glass of bubbly to start the meal, and the wine we ordered was good but $75